New G-Shock addict

Thread: New G-Shock addict

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New G-Shock addict

Hi,

I'm really new here, but I've been looking around these forums for a while. For some reason I can't explain, I've been overcome with the urge to get a new watch.

Now 4 years ago when I splurged a decent amount of cash on a Titanium Citizen Eco-Drive Perpetual Calendar, I told myself this was going to run forever, and looks good, and I would never need another watch as long as I lived. So it was worth buying. And it was. And it has never let me down, and I still love it. Somewhere along the line though, a little G-Shock gremlin got into my head, and its been nagging away to help me zero in on the fact that I just have to have a G-Shock!

I'm really sorry if this is stuff that has been answered before (and I have tried looking), but it seems that all the models that wink at me from the screen and beg me to buy them, aren't stocked in the UK. I don't really understand this

The ones that are filling my waking thoughts are the AWG-101 and the GS-1100. I can't seem to find any of these in the UK at all, and the best bets I seem to have found are off ebay or from hbwatches. By my crude calculations of what it will cost to buy and ship, and what I am likely to get stung for by import duty, I reckon the AWG-101 will cost around £95 ($180), and the GS-1100 £180 ($340)

Being a total novice, am I going about this all wrong? Is there a better way to go about this importing business? Or will these get released in the UK soon, and I'm being daft even thinking of this?

Also - what is everyone's take on these two? Any big drawbacks or advantages to either of them?

It seems like a lot to pay over the US price to get these, but if this is the best way to do it, I'm prepared to do it as I need a G-Shock fix!

Thanks in advance for helping a new addict find his way!

Re: New G-Shock addict

Why don't you get something easily available in your country like Mudman or Gulfman or DW 6900? These are pretty popular models.

if your considering spending upto $320, consider a Frogman!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi,

I probably should to be honest, but these two have grabbed me for some reason, and its one of these I'm really after. Maybe I should just try and retrain my brain!

I just don't get why there are so many nice models out there, but they don't seem to be available in the UK. Even the European site (http://www.g-shock.de/euro/lineup/) has most of these, but just not the UK. Just seems kinda... well... weird!

I guess I just don't know the best way to go about importing one, or if something like the hbwatches route is the way to go.

I actually don't even know how likely I am to get charged tax on the way into the UK, but I'm kinda going from the point of view that I could and should just factor it in, and see it as a bonus if I somehow don't get it.

Hmmm... maybe I need to think about it some more... thanks for the reply!

Well, if it isn't in the UK, the only way appears to be to import one if you really have to have one of these.

Cool Re: New G-Shock addict

If they are not available in the UK, maybe you can crossover to Europe and get one. Link to Casio Europe that lists both models ===> http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/watch/gshock/
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    honi soit qui mal y pense
    http://forums.collectors.com/attachments//trozau_ani.gif
    gold - the barbarous relic!

Does anybody really know what time it is?
    Robert Lamm of the group Chicago, 1969

OK. Thanks very much for the info. hbwatches seem to have a pretty good reputation, so I'll probably just go with them unless anyone shouts "Noooooooooooooooooo!"

I would calculate customs charges in just in case. I was wary of importing at first but now I nearly always use reputable HK and Singapore sellers on ebay. You're right about the lack of choice in the UK, and what we do have is overpriced. I was very surprised to see a FIFA G300 in H. Samuels the other day reduced to £55. Still not cheap, but probably the most exciting thing I've seen on the UK high street by way of G-Shocks.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Cool Re: New G-Shock addict

Quote Originally Posted by therealnag View Post
    OK. Thanks very much for the info. hbwatches seem to have a pretty good reputation, so I'll probably just go with them unless anyone shouts "Noooooooooooooooooo!"
    I think that even if you get hit with customs charges, it will probably still end up cheaper getting it from them than in Europe.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    honi soit qui mal y pense
    http://forums.collectors.com/attachments//trozau_ani.gif
    gold - the barbarous relic!

Does anybody really know what time it is?
    Robert Lamm of the group Chicago, 1969

Quote Originally Posted by GeeBeeCee View Post
    Why don't you get something easily available in your country like Mudman or Gulfman or DW 6900? These are pretty popular models.
    Believe it or not, the Gulfman isn't available in the UK. Neither is the 6900. The non-Atomic Mudman is, but the standard atomic Mudman isn't.

Even the 5600 isn't available in the UK...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information