New G Shock finally arrives...first impressions

Thread: New G Shock finally arrives...first impressions

New G Shock finally arrives...first impressions

Hi guys!
    My GW1701D-1AVDR finally arrived yesterday. After having the bracelet re-sized, it wears quite comfortably on my wrist. I must say that this Ana-digi version is one of the best-looking. The case looks quite streamlined with clean lines yet still looks rugged in a certain way. The slate gray of the solar panel with the 'criss-cross' pattern, 3 sub-dials and the white skeleton hands make the watch quite striking in its looks too. One pleasant surprise for me was when setting the the digital time, the analog hands will automatically align the hands to the same time as on the digital. If memory serves me correct, the older Ana-digi G Shocks did not do so and it was not easy to set them to the same time.
    When my wife so saw it she was quite taken by it ...so this evening off we went to see if we could find a compatible Baby G. We were successful and came off purchasing a G-101-1AVMDS. Not identical but with similar styling cues. The mrs was so happy to have a matching rugged yet feminine little timepiece!:-D Name:  His_n_Hers_1.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  109.2 KB Lee

Re: New G Shock finally arrives...first impressions

Quote Originally Posted by sllee View Post
    One pleasant surprise for me was when setting the the digital time, the analog hands will automatically align the hands to the same time as on the digital. If memory serves me correct, the older Ana-digi G Shocks did not do so and it was not easy to set them to the same time.
    Is it the case that the waveceptors do and the non-waveceptors don't?
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

My first impression is......... It looks pretty cool

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

I think the hands adjusting by themselves is a great feature. My two 1500's are like that as well. When I first got mine I set my home city and the DST to auto and then the hands started moving. It caught me by suprise at first till I realized what was going on. Then the same thing happened when DST went back and I checked on them the next morning. I just wish my G-1oo and G-300 would do the same thing .
    Last edited by Brian D.; November 10th, 2006 at 08:16.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

hi lee,

great looking ana-digi watch you bought there - congratulations. I would love to see a night shot on this one, wondering how the lume is working. Could you take one if possible?

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Is it the case that the waveceptors do and the non-waveceptors don't?
    Hi!
    I'm sure about that, but this watch does not have the 'wave-ceptor' function yet it does align the hands to the digital time.
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    hi lee,

great looking ana-digi watch you bought there - congratulations. I would love to see a night shot on this one, wondering how the lume is working. Could you take one if possible?
    regards, holger
    Hi there! The light is not the 'Illuminator' type but rather like those of the newer series, using a LED? The hands are 'skeleton' type and painted in white, not lumed. When the light is only activated when the button is depressed, it doesn't hold. But it gives a very interesting effect - much like flood lights shining on parts of bridges and buildings at night, which would highlight the details, textures, etc.
    I'll try to see if I can take a photo shot but won't be easy - one hand holding the watch and pressing the button, the other hand holding the camera and snapping the pic, in macro mode as well!
    Lee

the "wave-ceptor" has the number gw-1700...the rest is the same - great watch.
    the "black-force"-version looks still much better, but unfortunately only available in japan.

Quote Originally Posted by sllee View Post
    Hi!
    I'm sure about that, but this watch does not have the 'wave-ceptor' function yet it does align the hands to the digital time.
    Lee
    Ah... when looking at your picture, my poor eyesight misread 'recov' on the face for 'receive'...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thread Information