New to G-Shock, how is the Combi bracelet?
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: New to G-Shock, how is the Combi bracelet?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hi all, I am considering picking up my first G-Shock, and am considering the GW-B5600BC-1BJF currently on Amazon for $177
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07HP...ID=41MUdKFhPrL

I like the idea of Bluetooth and being able to set alarms via the app. I figured then I might switch to using the watch as my main alarm clock instead of my phone so I don’t wake up with my phone in my hand. There are some similar models with the regular resin band instead of the combi bracelet for a little bit cheaper.

The big question is, is the combi bracelet comfortable. Is it better than the regular resin band or maybe both are crap and I should just buy a nato adaptor anyway? What are your thoughts.

Also unrelated but I am also considering a Baby-G instead as I typically favor smaller watches. Is there much of a difference between G-Shock and Baby-G other than size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Combi on the GW-B5600 is very comfy, slightly lighter and a tad more comfortable than the original combi bracelet.
    I like the combi because:
    A) I am usually between holes on the resin straps, you can get a perfect fit with the micro adjustment on the clasp
    B) so easy to put on, slip it on the wrist and click, it’s secure
    C) adds a bit of weight/heft to a relatively lightweight watch.

I have watches on both the original and new style combis, they are both fantastic.

Baby Gs are marketed towards the “youth” and female markets as I understand with smaller versions of popular Gs in more eye catching colours.

Toning wrong with them if you have a smaller wrist size, I just can’t shake the thought that it would be misplaced on my own wrist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by VIA4321; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:43.
    babyivan likes this.

Re: New to G-Shock, how is the Combi bracelet?

Quote Originally Posted by badgerracer View Post
    The big question is, is the combi bracelet comfortable. Is it better than the regular resin band

Yes. And yes.
    kenls likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by badgerracer View Post
    Hi all, I am considering picking up my first G-Shock, and am considering the GW-B5600BC-1BJF currently on Amazon for $177
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07HP...ID=41MUdKFhPrL

I like the idea of Bluetooth and being able to set alarms via the app. I figured then I might switch to using the watch as my main alarm clock instead of my phone so I don’t wake up with my phone in my hand. There are some similar models with the regular resin band instead of the combi bracelet for a little bit cheaper.

The big question is, is the combi bracelet comfortable. Is it better than the regular resin band or maybe both are crap and I should just buy a nato adaptor anyway? What are your thoughts.

Also unrelated but I am also considering a Baby-G instead as I typically favor smaller watches. Is there much of a difference between G-Shock and Baby-G other than size?

I bought that watch in February. I wear it near daily in every situation. The bracelet is very comfortable and durable.

The Baby G is considerably smaller.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    Sent from me, to you.

Thank you for the replies, I am leaning in this direction then. I just realized I forgot to mention how I plan to use the watch. I have several mechanical watches that I wear regularly, and this will be more my beater watch, and specifically hiking. My wife and I just planned a trip to hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu around thanksgiving and figured that is as good as an excuse as any to buy a new watch. We also do a good amount of hiking around the Phoenix area where we live.

Just out of curiosity, does that change the recommendations? Is the Combi bracelet a good choice for hiking?

I’ve worn my GW-5000 with the combi for years. It’s really good like that. Hiking/camping/gym/field... the combi is hard to beat. It definitely makes the watch feel more substantial, in a good way.
    The only downside is if you’d like to have the option to wear the watch over a sweater or wetsuit or something. Can’t really adjust the bracelet on the fly like you can with a strap. There’s also an old-skool cool look to the strap. But the bracelet is very good looking too. I really like the new ones with the smooth finish.
    Seiko Divers: SBDX017, SKX173
    G-Shock Squares: GMW-B5000D-1, GW-5000

Combi bracelet have very good reputation here (both 1.0 and 2.0). I have both and prefer version 2.0 over 1.0. I would say that they are very good and comfortable on wrist. If they have half link then perfect fit could be possible for wide range of wrist size. This is the best I could do for mine.

But strap or bracelet is another question. I think it depends on personal preference. OCW-S100 has a really really good bracelet (with half link) yet many ppl complain about the lug which won't allow them to switch to strap easily.

My recommendation is to get that GW-B5600 with Combi. If you don't like it, you can replace it with gw-5000 strap. Combi bracelet might will be useful for your (future) other squares.

If you really don't like the bracelet, given how popular it is on this I think you can sell it easily.

Can confirm, combi bracelet is awesome.

Also, ordering JF models on Amazon is iffy. If you are really interested the domestic market packaging, Amazon might not be the best choice. I ordered a GW-B5600HR-1JF, but it wasn't the JDM version. They literally put a sticker over there model on the box to hide that it was a regular European market model. Pretty shameless IMO...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    acadian and babyivan like this.
    My 5 watches:
    GW-7900B-1
    GMW-B5000-1
    PRW-3100Y-1JF (up for sale)
    DW-5735D-1B
    GW-B5600BC-1B

This my link configuration for a nice snug fit on a 6.5 inch wrist

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    acadian and babyivan like this.
    My 5 watches:
    GW-7900B-1
    GMW-B5000-1
    PRW-3100Y-1JF (up for sale)
    DW-5735D-1B
    GW-B5600BC-1B

There’s nothing I wouldn’t expose the combi on the 5600 to and yes it is mega comfortable.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information