New G-Shock- Scratches on Caseback
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New G-Shock- Scratches on Caseback

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New G-Shock- Scratches on Caseback

Hey everyone, my first G-Shock just arrived. I love the watch but there are a few light scratches on the case back. The watch does not appear to have been worn at all since there are no** marks that I can see on the case or band; but the watch was half-way charged and the box was ripped. Since I ordered it from Amazon, I'm worried that it might be a return. Is this normal for a G-Shock? Also, the watch itself and the manual wasn't packed so neatly inside the tin. Just trying to see if this is normal for all G's. I'd appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks.
    Last edited by ImAHockeyPlayer; December 18th, 2012 at 01:35.

lvt

Re: New G-Shock- Scratches on Caseback

No it's not normal.

You should buy another one for revenge :P
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

I would return it.

May I ask which Amazon you bought it from?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by captain kid View Post
    I would return it.

May I ask which Amazon you bought it from?
    The Amazon in the US.

The watch is an Atomic Solar and was/is half-way charged. I figured it would be dead. This, the rip on the corner of the box, and the one somewhat significant scratch on the case back are what's leading me to believe that this might have been exchanged. But, if I'm likely going to just get another exchange from Amazon should I maybe just keep it? Just trying to get some opinions. Thanks.

Can you provide us some pictures so we can see it better from our perspective?

Cheers,
    -Kawei-

Banned

Ask them for an exchange or for a good chunk of money off the scratched one that they sent you. That's what I did with my GW9200 atomic solar Riseman that I received from Amazon with a small scuff mark on it. I ended up getting a replacement and I also kept the one that had the small scuff mark on it. Amazon gave me an extra 15% off the replacement, so I got it for only $101.99. I also kept the one with the scuff mark because the scuff mark wasn't that noticeable unless you really looked at the watch very closely.
    I got the one with the scuff mark for $107.78 with shipping included by using my Amazon VISA card point discount. It was retailing for $122.00 so I got $23 off on it. So I got both watches for $209.77 including 2 day shipping which is not bad considering that they both cost $240 plus shipping.
    Last edited by Tick Toc; December 18th, 2012 at 02:02.
    TedDotCom likes this.

when Amazon sells something has been returned it sells it under amazon warehouse deals. If it was new, it should have been new. I would ask for a discount and keep it or return it and get a new one, they will pay for return shipping. As for the manual not being nicely packed, that happens, and the box not being perfect, that happens as well, as for it not being fully charged, also normal because it was in a box with no access to light.

More and more I have been seeing damaged product coming from Amazon. I buy from Amazon all the time and have a Prime membership with them. But I have been disappointed in recent months as it seems that they are selling "seconds" or returns as NEW products. I have no proof of this, but it sure seems that way at times.

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    More and more I have been seeing damaged product coming from Amazon. I buy from Amazon all the time and have a Prime membership with them. But I have been disappointed in recent months as it seems that they are selling "seconds" or returns as NEW products. I have no proof of this, but it sure seems that way at times.
    I'm an Amazon Prime member as well. I buy regularly off Amazon but i TRY not to buy G-Shocks coz of the horrible packaging they do to my G-Shock orders. The box got damaged because of little or no bubble wrap. I tried to complain once and the person at the other end of the chat said "it's only the box sir, good thing your watch is safe..." All the hassles of repacking and returning the G-Shock, so i just decided to keep it, squished box and all...
    Wearing a different G-SHOCK ​everyday.

Yea, I mean, I think the watch is new (unused/unworn) as there are no marks anywhere on the case, bezel or strap. But there is one noticeable scratch about a half inch long by the serial number that I can feel with my finger nail, a tiny nick by the big G on the back, and a couple other light scratches that are hardly noticeable unless you look for them and angle the watch in the light and they don't bother me at all. It just seems to me like it is either a return/exchange or someone scratched it from the factory.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information