New G-Shock Smartwatch
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By AlexxvD
  • 1 Post By ben2talk
  • 3 Post By Matt Stone
  • 1 Post By sticky

Thread: New G-Shock Smartwatch

New G-Shock Smartwatch

Few days ago, a F17 member mentioned to me that there will be a G-Shock Smartwatch.

Is there any information known about what it will look like, features and functions? I sold my GPR-B1000 end of last year, but i'm starting to miss it. Since suunto and garmin produce very nice outdoor smartwatches, protrek has the nice WSD-F30. I'm really curious about the one, that g-shock will come up with and then i'll save my pennies instead of buying the GPR-B1000 again.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6013 met Tapatalk
    ben2talk likes this.

Re: New G-Shock Smartwatch

Right now a Gravity master list out to a Fitbit purchase.... So surely its coming. We want smart watches that look like real ones...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AlexxvD likes this.

I'd love a G that would remind me to get up. I work from home and sometimes forget to move some every hour.

Then again, I'd feel like I'd always have to where that one watch, which is why I got rid of my Apple Watch back when that first Gen came out. So I'm not sure a full blown G is what I really want.

Give me a thin band I can wear on opposite wrist that's solar so no charging and has vibrate notifications that coordinate with the watch using the g connected app... I could see that being a purchase for sure. Then again I don't see that being the direction they'd go. But think about a $50 band that uses the app for info and encourages having a full G on your other wrist, and since no charging you could always leave it on. Sounds like something I would want if I were designing a product lineup. I'd even give them away at events and /or sell below cost to encourage adoption.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Watch you seek, is watch you find, or maybe just covet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I’m usually ready to drive a stake though the heart of a smart watch but if G Shock produced one I’d be sure to give it a fair crack of the whip (probably more than fair actually).
    AlexxvD likes this.

Today a nice member posted following link

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/casio-p...twatch-review/

Which is very good and helpful to understand, what the problems in creating a Smartwatch is. Especially to get own software and google software working together.

The main problem is, that all apple users won’t buy an android based watch, since the iPhone app created by google is not working. The last release got 1 star reviews from all reviewers. So a very big segment of possible customers are out.

I don’t believe that Casio will invest so much money for such an project.

There are enough costumers for the classic lines, don’t forget the best selling Casios are the very cheap in the poor countries.

Fact is, that someone inside Casio, already confirmed they're building a genuine smartwatch. What i'm wondering is, will they use the carbonfibre type casing which is "hot item" right now with most of the G's.

I hope they can make something nice! If it's a real thing, there's always someone who leaks it...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6013 met Tapatalk

Thread Information