New to G-shocks, but very impressed so far.

Thread: New to G-shocks, but very impressed so far.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    opc

New to G-shocks, but very impressed so far.

I just thought that I would say Hi to everyone, as I'm new to the forum. I got my first G-shock on Tuesday and am very impressed with it. It is a GW-M5600BC-1ER that I think I got for a really good price, (£80 brand new).

I was thinking of getting a fairly hardwaring watch that could also be worn in the office, etc. I was mainly interested in some Seiko divers, but then some G-shocks grabbed my attention. I tend to like traditional looking watches, so it was the 5000 and 5600 type watches that I became interested in. I ended up thinking, why pay £200 for a Seiko that would be similiar to some of my other watches, when I could pay under £100 and get something completly different that would probably take more abuse. I don't think it looks that good with smart clothes, but I have still worn it into the office everyday this week.

I hadn't bought a digital watch since school and have tended to dislike digital / quartz watches in favour of automatic / manual watches in recent years, but when I started looking at all the technology like tough solar and wave ceptor, I got hooked. I still have 4 old Casio running watches from the 80's, (one of which I still use for running), so I also know that Casio watches last.

Anyway, so far I've really enjoyed my 5600 and I am already thinking about which next G-shocks I should buy - They are a really addictive brand and I can now see why so many people have so many of them. I'll also be sticking around on the forum, as I have found out some really interesting things so far from the posts that I have read.

Re: New to G-shocks, but very impressed so far.

Welcome.

You started with a good 'un.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to G-Shocks.

That's a great one to start out with. If you hang out here it will gain some companions.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Nice start of a G-collection!

For office use there are also some nice looking analog chronos like the MTG-1000.

And if you really want to spend some money, look at the MRG-line......

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

opc

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I think that the ones that I will end up buying initially will be things like a mudman, GW-6900 and definitely some more 5000 / 5600 models, as I love the clean look of these.

I'm already seriously thinking about a GW-5000-1JF from the things that I have read on here and it will be the perfect companion for the inverted display on my GW-M5600BC-1ER. And there was me thinking that I would save money buying a G-shock.

Quote Originally Posted by seamaster73 View Post
    welcome.

You started with a good 'un.
    +1
    watches are meant to tell times..

Quote Originally Posted by opc View Post
    I'm already seriously thinking about a GW-5000-1JF from the things that I have read on here and it will be the perfect companion for the inverted display on my GW-M5600BC-1ER. And there was me thinking that I would save money buying a G-shock.
    Be careful, man. I started out just like you just a few weeks ago with my first 5600 series G... two days ago I blew $368 on the GW-5000B-1JF... So, I see a GW-5000 in your near future

Welcome to the forum mate!

I was in a similar situation years ago,when I thought that buying myself a G-Shock would save me precious $$$,guess I was wrong!

Cheers,
    MountainMike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information