NEW on G so which one?

Thread: NEW on G so which one?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NEW on G so which one?

I know, I know, another ne that doesn't want to search on its own. Well I have done quite some few information and research but some questions are still left unanswered.

There I go:

I want a atomic (or radio) G. Does this work properly in Europa. Are there any downsides to atomic G's?
    Which one would be a nice entry-level one?

:thanks

Re: NEW on G so which one?

Atomic works fine each night here in the UK.

What colour G do you want?

What shape G do you want?

Digital, analogue, or ana-digi?
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

It works. And I think one of the cheapest atomic G-Shocks is the GW-810 - at least on ebay Germany it is. Might also be the GW-002 but that one's harder to find. Besides the GW-810 is 'Multiband 5' while the GW-002 only receives the British and German signal.
    I don't see any downsides even though some members don't like it and say it's easier to synch the watch to an online atomic watch - but that means I need a computer to adjust my watch - kind of like using the USB port to charge your MP3-Player. To me that's kind of technology gone mad. In fact you could also use the church bells to adjust your watch. But especially when going on holiday and not having a computer or internet and still wanting (not "needing" maybe) to know the precise time - you can't beat it. Only downside maybe is when working night shifts and the watch goes into receive mode while looking at it .

Greetings, Sedi
    Last edited by Sedi; September 14th, 2010 at 12:59.
    Cheers
    Sedi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Picture Re: NEW on G so which one?

Quote Originally Posted by Maine View Post
    Atomic works fine each night here in the UK.

What colour G do you want?

What shape G do you want?

Digital, analogue, or ana-digi?
    Well no pink or violet although my daughters would love that!!
    I think the budget is of more importance than the shape. No old school Casio but something more contemporary??? I prefer digital over analoque and ana-digi over digi but it's the price that will make the decision!

How about the AWG-100 or 101? Solar, atomic, ana-digi. Are they within budget?

Might be a bit small though, if you're looking for the most contemporary Gs, which are getting larger every year!
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

What about the GW-M5600?
    Affordable, classic looking.

I can recommend the GW-M5600, which is a classic looking model with tough solar and atomic time. It is not a very big G-Shock and currently my office watch. An other classic looking model with tough solar and atomic time is the GW-6900. The second one is a bit larger and heavier.

The atomic time keeping works fine. I also live in the Netherlands, in the province of Groningen more specifically, and my atomic time Casío's seem to sync most nights. Sometimes they don't, I think reception can be disturbed due the weather or something like that, I don't know. But that doesn't bother me very much, in fact, even if they would sync only once a week, I wouldn't mind. The great thing is that they do sync and I don't need to search for an atomic time reference. You can also try to sync manually.

For a starter definantely the M5600 and then for a second a Mudman.

Quote Originally Posted by hharry View Post
    Are there any downsides to atomic G's?
    The only real downside to atomic Gs (or any other atomic watch in general) is the resulting obsession in getting the watch to sync as often as possible.

Many people compromise their sanity by freaking out prematurely whenever their watch doesn't catch a signal for a week. Not a month goes by that I don't see a "Help! My watch didn't sync!" thread pop up once in a while.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 14th, 2010 at 17:28.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

The GW-6900-1ER is nice too and it has the classical "G" look.

In the Netherlands the atomic signal is very good from both the German and the UK station.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information