New GA-2100 - Page 13
Like Tree797Likes

Thread: New GA-2100

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Re: New GA-2100

Quote Originally Posted by sodamonkey View Post
    Arrival as promised by DHL.

Here's a quick personal review based on an hour or so:

Like it's Carbon Core predecessor, the GA-2000, it's very light and for me really comfortable on the wrist.

The carbon core looks like it surrounds the whole case, with the bezel obviously over the top of it.

As others have mentioned, there is hardly any depth to the bezel around the crystal, probably 1mm? This doesn't bother me too much as my life and job won't bring any danger of scratches anyway, so a slight lack of protection isn't a huge issue.

The straps are again fitted with the new quick release spring bars. I haven't been able to measure the width, but they at least look like they would match a 5600/6900, etc. Whether they would actually fit one of these is another question as I also have no idea as to how the spring bars are sized at the ends or if they would fit into other watches lugs. They also sit on the backplate at a slight angle, which looks odd but hasn't made it uncomfortable at all.

Onto the face of the watch - It's red!! It has a slight depth to it, much like the design of other GA models recently, which looks nice IMO. Literally everything is red apart from the lumed parts of the hands! No lume on the hour markers on this one. To be honest here, I am finding it slightly difficult to read the day of the week "wheel" because of the all over colour, but at the right angle and without light shining directly on the face you can see the day letters.

The digital section is no surprise in the reading of department, easy to see in the right light and angle! Not a major game changer as a slight twist of the wrist makes it viewable. The led is set between 4 & 5, and mainly lights up the digital section, and same as the GA-2000, has a cool fade out rather than a quick switch off. It has a 1 or 3 second illumination. It's also easily strong enough to illuminate the whole face in the dark. I can't really picture the lume on this one as it's evening here and until I can get strong daylight on it, it remains to be seen what a proper "charge" will do.

I like the hexagonal bezel, round face design, and size wise looks good on my 7.5" wrist.

So all in all, another nice, well priced addition to my collection. Photos below.

Cheers!

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Which do you prefer if you had to choose the GA-2000 or the GA-2100?

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyCas View Post
    Which do you prefer if you had to choose the GA-2000 or the GA-2100?
    Definitely the 2000.

I do like the 2100, but not as a regular. Maybe it's because I went for the red version, I've been looking at everyone's photos of their black ones and kind of actually preferring them to mine.

The 2000 looks nicer to me as well.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Just got mine today and really impressed. Coming from a DW-5600MS-1 it feels very familiar on wrist. Spain to PA in under a week with snail mail might be the most impressive part!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KellenH View Post
    First g-shock, enjoying it!

I also did a quick unboxing and initial thoughts on below. It’s my first g-shock, so forgive my ignorance on the g-shock noob-ness.

https://youtu.be/_HnotvRKW98
    Still a tiny bit thicker than G056, right?

I need to get an all black CasiOak.

Name:  GA-2100-1AER_000.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  1,023.6 KB

Count me in: my new beater GA-2100-1A has arrived. A perfect watch for the upcoming winter, as it is very legible and fits under any sleeve.

Initial impressions:

Positive:
    • Very nice size and proportions, neither too flimsy nor too big, and it fits easily under sleeves.
    • Very good legibility: subdial and display are subdued and don’t disturb at all.
    • The watch face looks pleasantly “clean” for a Casio, and not quirky, which definitely raises the impression of quality.
    • Molding precision of case and details is a step up from previous basic G-shocks. Fit and finish is excellent, especially considering the keen price.
    • Hands hit the markers spot-on all around the dial. Casio should take reference for their own top models such as GWR-B1000, which unfortunately don’t show that precision more often than not.
    • It’s analog. 'Nuff said.

Not as nice:
    • Digits are very small. If you often use the additional functions, then I’d recommend checking the watch in person before buying.
    • Only the hands are lumed, but there’s gray print all around the dial. The cost for printing would have been better invested in lume spots.

All-in-all, this is a very handsome newcomer. A version with Multi Band 6 (or Bluetooth) and Tough Solar would make this a killer watch. Casio, are you listening?

BTW, Casio seems to have applied yet another batch number system. Mine reads: 97D1LG. Anyone can enlighten me what this means?

Name:  GA-2100-1AER_001.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  814.2 KB

Name:  GA-2100-1AER_002.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  943.4 KB
    Last edited by Ralphee; September 28th, 2019 at 15:41.

Arrived yesterday, GA-2100-1A1ER:

Name:  GA-2100-1A1ER.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  246.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphee View Post
    BTW, Casio seems to have applied yet another batch number system. Mine reads: 97D1LG. Anyone can enlighten me what this means?
    Not sure, the GA-2000 has code/serial numbers printed on the back as well. My two are different, although they are two different models.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Just a heads up: The all black version is available in the US Casio store again. Just picked up my first G Shock!

https://www.casio.com/products/watch...ock/ga2100-1a1
    babyivan likes this.

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information