New GA-2100 - Page 32
Like Tree797Likes

Thread: New GA-2100

Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 428
  1. #311
    Member GaryK30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA, USA
    Posts
    6,527

    Re: New GA-2100

    Quote Originally Posted by bleached View Post
    Does anyone have any real world photos of the GA-2100 next to a DW-5600 style case? Would like to see the size difference.
    Maybe this video will help.


  2. #312
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    910

    Re: New GA-2100

    I really like this model. It's larger than I thought relative to the 5600.

    Quote Originally Posted by bleached View Post
    Does anyone have any real world photos of the GA-2100 next to a DW-5600 style case? Would like to see the size difference.

  3. #313
    Member Watch_Geekmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,403

    Re: New GA-2100

    It is pretty clear now, especially with the video posted by Gary about, the GA2100 is Casio's answer for an analog version of the 5600 model. The similarity of the case shape to the Nautilus also drew some non-G fans. It's an instant success for Casio. Less than 1/2 year these were mostly sold out.

    Time for Casio to setup mass production, if not already, to stamp out thousands of these to be sold worldwide. Same time make variations with Solar Atomic and/or Bluetooth, pretty sure those will move quickly as well. I don't mind if they have to make the case a little thicker for those.

    The only complain for me is the huge indices with no lume at all! Same for GA800, G-Steel and other G models. Huge space there for lume paint, wonder why Casio didn't invest a little more to put lume there. Otherwise would have been perfect. Even the old AWGM100 has lume on the indices.
    Last edited by Watch_Geekmaster; January 4th, 2020 at 23:56.
    GaryK30, JustAbe, mleok and 2 others like this.
    Yours Truly,
    Jonathan

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #314
    Member TheBigBurrito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    685

    Re: New GA-2100

    I completely agree that adding lume to the indices would make this watch an immediate purchase for me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Watch_Geekmaster View Post
    It is pretty clear now, especially with the video posted by Gary about, the GA2100 is Casio's answer for an analog version of the 5600 model. The similarity of the case shape to the Nautilus also drew some non-G fans. It's an instant success for Casio. Less than 1/2 year these were mostly sold out.

    Time for Casio to setup mass production, if not already, to stamp out thousands of these to be sold worldwide. Same time make variations with Solar Atomic and/or Bluetooth, pretty sure those will move quickly as well. I don't mind if they have to make the case a little thicker for those.

    The only complain for me is the huge indices with no lume at all! Same for GA800, G-Steel and other G models. Huge space there for lume paint, wonder why Casio didn't invest a little more to put lume there. Otherwise would have been perfect. Even the old AWGM100 has lume on the indices.
    Watch_Geekmaster likes this.

  6. #315
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    11

    Re: New GA-2100

    Look what they did... Hate the screws but i like where this is heading ;)

    Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
    natrmrz, Prdrers, Servus and 3 others like this.

  7. #316
    Member sodamonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Fareham, UK
    Posts
    2,656

    Re: New GA-2100

    Quote Originally Posted by plasticcool View Post
    Look what they did... Hate the screws but i like where this is heading ;)

    Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
    Yep, the screws are something else!

    Also, this is obviously a nice lightweight watch due to the carbon core, I therefore would definitely NOT want a lump of stainless steel on it!

    Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

  8. #317
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    32

    Re: New GA-2100

    Quote Originally Posted by plasticcool View Post
    Look what they did... Hate the screws but i like where this is heading ;)

    Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
    This looks amazing, AP Royal Oak Offshore tool watch


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    memento_mori likes this.

  9. #318
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5

    Re: New GA-2100

    Quote Originally Posted by plasticcool View Post
    Look what they did... Hate the screws but i like where this is heading ;)

    Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
    Ordered a set out of curiosity, will report back. A bit steep at almost the same cost of the watch itself but why not.
    Last edited by stick; January 9th, 2020 at 20:35.

  10. #319
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    11

    Re: New GA-2100

    Guys anyone here modded this negative display to a positive one ? Would like to see a pic if possible as I intend to do it on my watch

    Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

  11. #320
    Member powerband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,151

    Re: New GA-2100

    Quote Originally Posted by rime_floe View Post
    Once in Timer mode, hold "Adjust" until the watch beeps and the hour starts to blink on the top row of the digital display. Press "Mode" one time and the minutes will blink. From there adjust the minutes by pressing "Start" to increase and/or "Light" to decrease (these buttons adjust the hours and seconds as well when those are being adjusted). Once your timer is ready press "Adjust" to exit the adjustment mode, and "Start" to start the timer. "Start" will also pause the timer when running, and "Adjust" will reset when paused or complete.
    What I love about this watch is that you can also set the countdown timer by the SECONDS.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yankeexpress likes this.
    Ticking Away the Moments that Make Up a Dull Day

Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •