New GA-2100 - Page 5
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: New GA-2100

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: New GA-2100

I really liked the black and white, looks like the size is similar to the DW-5000… I will get one for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by dantana999 View Post
    From the article:

The GA-2100-1A and GA-2100-4A also have Neo-Brite luminous hands.

Neo-Brite? Hopefully this is a lume improvement?
    Actually I think this is the Casio standard lume.

Quote Originally Posted by dantana999 View Post
    Actually I think this is the Casio standard lume.
    I believe you're correct. Even the AQ-S800 that I bought several years ago has Neobrite lume, but in reality the lume is pretty poor.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HiroNakamoron View Post
    I'm kinda curious cuz I've seen some 5600 models resin bezel rot problems.

That's a good one btw hahaha
    recent ones? or ones from 25-30 years ago?
    long story short, it was only some models, made at some factories during certain dates. it was corrected but the stigma lives on, no recent proof mind you but thats how myths work.
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

On my GA-2000 I'd characterize the hands' lume as fit for purpose. I haven't tried some all-night longevity test because I don't care, but whenever I've used the lume to read the time, it's worked great. Although not as bright as Seiko SKX hands, it doesn't seem so thinly applied the way a GG-1000's lume does. I just took the two out in the sun briefly and there's no question it's initially brighter than the GG-1000 after spending less than half the time in the sun. And now I've let some time pass and the difference is even greater. I accidentally included a Seiko SCFF003 in my comparison -- it was on my wrist -- the lume is almost as bright per unit area as the Seiko, which I've been wearing all day. And the hands' area is larger. So that's a comparison to 90's non-diver Seiko lume, which seems to me to be in the same ballpark as watches like the SARB017, but on the dim side.

I'm expecting the GA-2100 to be like the GA-2000 on the hands, but I'd guess the indices (if they're lumed) are more like the GG-1000's than a Seiko's. Edit: And of course by indices I meant the outer edge of the indices is all I'd expect to see lumed.
    Last edited by SamRHughes; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:26.

I ordered from a Japanese seller via ebay. go JDM version. Super quick shipping. Ordered on Aug 7 and received on Aug 12. I got the all black version. Very nice watch. The lume on the hands is a joke... i bought it mainly for outdoor activity / gym. It's not as big as some analog g-shock watches. Love it so far. My first g-shock.

Name:  Picture1.png
Views: 78
Size:  725.2 KB

I just got a GA-2100-1AJF, bought from premium-japan on eBay for $120.

The indices are not lumed, and the lume on the hands is inconsistently bright, in the nonluxurious way you might expect from Casio.

Feel-wise, it's what you'd expect, if you've ever had a DW-5600. The strap is virtually identical to that on a DW-5600 I have, except for the quick-release mechanism. If you line them up side-by-side they have the same taper, same number of holes, same material. At the quick release mechanism, though, the strap is shaped differently, not arched up against the stainless steel back as previous straps are, and you can wobble it a bit, freely lifting it off the caseback without stretching anything. It also sits at a slightly steeper angle (more downward, less outward), but the wobble makes at a touch more flexible in that department.

I haven't tried swapping the straps. I have never tried interchanging the DW-5600/GW-M5610 straps, aside from observing that a combi bracelet doesn't exactly fit on a GW-5000. If there is any difficulty, it will be from the depth of the caseback. Visually, it seems like the GW-M5610 would interchange better.

I might try that tonight. In any case, putting a combi bracelet (from a GW-M5610BC-1JF) on this is not outside the realm of possibility.

Name:  IMG_1377.JPG
Views: 88
Size:  3.03 MB
    Name:  IMG_1374.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  3.74 MB
    Eric.S, xchen418, g-fob2 and 10 others like this.

thanks guys for the pictures, looking good

I thought the case would be thinner than the square

so kindda disappointed, but still would like to try one in person

Quote Originally Posted by g-fob2 View Post
    thanks guys for the pictures, looking good

I thought the case would be thinner than the square

so kindda disappointed, but still would like to try one in person
    According to Casio, the GA-2100 is 11.8mm thick, versus 12.7mm for the GW-M5610 and 13.4mm for the DW-5600E.
    g-fob2 and Tetsu Tekubi like this.

The case is in fact thinner than the square. It wears more like a large watch than a small G-Shock, in my opinion.

I just tried putting a GW-M5610 strap on this. It fits, and you can get it on, and it can look good, but there are a few problems. One is, the lug hole is larger on the GA-2100. The quick-release springbar is 1.20 mm in diameter, while the old GWM5610 spring bar is 0.80 mm, measuring the part that sticks into the hole.

Also, the lug hole is closer to the edge of the case, and the vertical distance to the case back is smaller. You can create a gap between the GWM5610 strap and the GA-2100 case by giving it a slight tug. So if you imagine getting a 1.20 mm spring bar, I think you'd be able to securely connect a combi bracelet, but it would be a bit wobbly and would have a slight bracelet-to-case gap.

Another observation: There is a very shallow depth between the bezel and crystal. It will be more exposed to scratches.
    GaryK30, C-Shock, Dxnnis and 3 others like this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information