New GLX150-4 in the house
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New GLX150-4 in the house

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs Up New GLX150-4 in the house

Can't believe how my watch tastes change, about once a year. Now I'm selling off all my mechanicals and I'm into quartz! Not just any quartz -- bold, sporty quartz like the all yellow Nixon Lodown. I was looking for a yellow G-Shock and found this one instead, a black/orange GLX150-4. I've had 60/40 luck with Casios in the past, but I'm liking this one, it's just offbeat enough for me.

The shiny orange strap was a surprise, as is the non-matching strap holder loop, which is more of a pale orange/peach color. The buttons work very smoothly, not like the Mudman I sold because they were too hard to push. The tide on this one is off, I had to mess with it quite a bit to get it correct. It's good that I can mess with it though, because the Lodown tide can't be changed.

This one wears pretty big on my 7.125" wrist but I'm wearing it every day. I leave it one hole bigger than normal and surprise, it doesn't get hot at all under there, not like my GW-9100 that is awful to wear in the summer.

BTW, the contrast is not good when the light gets dim, just when you need it most. The reverse display is backed by silver or something, so it gets too light to read when the lights get dim. C'mon Casio, you've been doing this for decades, time to figure out how to make a better display!

Anyway, here's some pics with a shot of the lume light on:

Last edited by Sodiac; August 30th, 2012 at 01:58.

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

Nice pickup! Lovin the color combo!

Re: New GLX150-4 in the house

nice pickup!...i have the in4mation collab of this model. I want to get the blue/japan only release. It's blue w/ a pink face. Of course it's the most expensive of the bunch because it wasn't released in the states. :/

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I love this G!!! This will be mine... sooner or later. Congrats on such a cool watch.

There are just too many desirable G-Shocks and watches in general that my wallet can't possibly keep up.

Sodiac, I'm kind of the opposite of you...I'm still really into g's, but i've been bitten by the mechanical bug, big time!

Quote Originally Posted by WillyLix View Post
    Sodiac, I'm kind of the opposite of you...I'm still really into g's, but i've been bitten by the mechanical bug, big time!
    Make sure you figure in the cost of repair, maintenance, etc. It's a real pain, and expensive, and difficult to find good repair shops (which take forever to get the work done) and this is what turned me off to mechanicals. I was constantly worried about the next repair/service bill!

For some reason, we see lots of posts on people buying mechanical watches, but very little on what it costs to repair and I've always been shocked that there isn't a dedicated forum or at least sticky thread that suggests and rates repair shops around the world. Kind of the hidden dirty secret that very few talk about!
    Last edited by Sodiac; August 30th, 2012 at 10:20.

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

LUW

Great GLX-150! It's on my wanted list too .

Quote Originally Posted by Sodiac View Post
    Make sure you figure in the cost of repair, maintenance, etc. It's a real pain, and expensive, and difficult to find good repair shops (which take forever to get the work done) and this is what turned me off to mechanicals. I was constantly worried about the next repair/service bill!
    That's what turned me off from mechanicals too, as a collection. They're too expensive to maintain and sometimes you even have to send them overseas (!!!) to get them serviced (like my beloved MM300 ). So I sold the more troublesome ones (bye bye beloved MM300 ) and kept only a few that have a sentimental value. If I'm going to collect watches, it will be Gs. Cheaper to buy and maintain, easier to use and I even can do some of the work myself.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Congrats . Love those colors .

handsome G

Congrats, this one is sneaking on to my list as well.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information