New to GShock...

Thread: New to GShock...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New to GShock...

So, please excuse my ignorance. What is the difference between the GW-M5600bcj-1 that has just been released and the gw5600bcj-1? I know there has to be a difference but I cant seem to spot it.

Also, I dont usually go for digital, or even quartz, but I seem to want one all of the sudden. I need something to wear to the gym that can take a beating and is easily adjustable. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brendan

Re: New to GShock...

Hey, I am fairly new and nowhere near an expert, but I think the main difference is that the GWM is multi-band 5 whereas the other will just sync in the US and Japan. That and the GWM shows the day and date at the same time. Also the timers may be different. I have the GW5600J (regular display) and it is really an awesome watch. You set the things and that's it. Very solid watch and seems to be tough so far. A lot of people in this forum have both the models you are talking about so you should get some good feed back. Hope this helps a little.

Quote Originally Posted by GurdyGurds View Post
    Hey, I am fairly new and nowhere near an expert, but I think the main difference is that the GWM is multi-band 5 whereas the other will just sync in the US and Japan. That and the GWM shows the day and date at the same time. Also the timers may be different. I have the GW5600J (regular display) and it is really an awesome watch. You set the things and that's it. Very solid watch and seems to be tough so far. A lot of people in this forum have both the models you are talking about so you should get some good feed back. Hope this helps a little.
    hes right. if and the 'bc' stands for bracelet band.

u can check this link out.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=65908
    Last edited by mansrow; June 19th, 2008 at 11:25.
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bjones2571 View Post
    So, please excuse my ignorance. What is the difference between the GW-M5600bcj-1 that has just been released and the gw5600bcj-1? I know there has to be a difference but I cant seem to spot it.
    Also, I dont usually go for digital, or even quartz, but I seem to want one all of the sudden. I need something to wear to the gym that can take a beating and is easily adjustable. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brendan
    Brendan, this is the GW-M5600-1ER , as it comes on resin strap and sans protector. It's a great watch, syncs totally reliably for me and everyone else as far as I know and does just about all I need out of a daily wearer.

The Reverse display version is not a multiband five, just two, which is enough if you don't do a lot of traveling and live in either the USA or JAPAN. It also comes on a bracelet as standard. Both great watches and choice would depend on where you live and whether you like the standard or reverse displays.

"The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

Also, I dont usually go for digital, or even quartz, but I seem to want one all of the sudden.
    Yeah, that´s how it works! I started out on the russian forum and super-low-tech mechanical watches but before you know it you find yourself on the G-Shock forum and then there´s no turning back.

I blame Mansrow, for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by SeventySeven View Post
    Yeah, that´s how it works! I started out on the russian forum and super-low-tech mechanical watches but before you know it you find yourself on the G-Shock forum and then there´s no turning back.

I blame Mansrow, for some reason...

Thanks for all the replies, and especially the link to the 5600 comparison. Another question, how is the bracelet? Do most of you prefer the regular resin strap or the bracelet? Thanks again.

Brendan

Thanks for all the replies, and especially the link to the 5600 comparison. Another question, how is the bracelet? Do most of you prefer the regular resin strap or the bracelet? Thanks again.

Brendan
    welcome to the forum Resin or Bracelet really depends on the owner who decides what the watch will be used for mostly...and how good it looks with either...again for 5600, resin is the common strap combination..so bracellet is unique (to a certain extent)...in terms of comfort some prefer a more 'huggy' feel of the resin...some like the formal practical fucion of the bracelet...either way..u cant go wrong

Brendan
    Personally, and as an owner of GWM5600BC-1JF and a GW5600BJ-1JF (Japanese reverse LCD version that comes with the resin strap, as in the GW5600J), I have to tell you that I find the braceler very comfortable and light; the best bracelet I've ever worn.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Personally, and as an owner of GWM5600BC-1JF and a GW5600BJ-1JF (Japanese reverse LCD version that comes with the resin strap, as in the GW5600J), I have to tell you that I find the braceler very comfortable and light; the best bracelet I've ever worn.

that is so pretty !!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information