New Guy

Thread: New Guy

New Guy

Wearing a WV-M120 (2090) Tough Solar Wave Ceptor, on wrist now. It acted up end of March, had a function I didn't know about got activated (found out tonight) and I really didn't like the resin strap even though it is loose in the 3rd hole, so I ordered a G-2300 (2184) G-shock Tough Solar from Wally World, got it, it was like for a childs wrist, the last hole was way too tight and I couldn't get the loop over the tag end.

Came here looking for strap options, and read about Amazon had the G-2300B-1V and got that, I like it a lot. Then was going through set-up, making it mine, attempted to set the hourly double beep-no joy, tested alarm it works, email to casio, they said to call, I work nights off 6am, bad cell reception where I live. Not to mention I am a southerner trying to understand heavy Indian and Spanish accents (not that there's anything wrong with heavy accents), dropped three calls with tech support. Gave up & return G2300B for replacement.

Got out the G2300, started tuning it up to use until my G-2300B gets here, couldn't get the hourly to work! Tested alarm, it didn't work. Only thing worked was a beep (sometimes when I pressed Mode). Back on the phone with support @ casio, same story, finally moved to a spot in house where I get fair reception, holding cell phone just right one hand, trying to mash the buttons the tech was telling me to at the same time with other hand, misunderstanding half of what he was saying (go to the hour-"I'm sorry, do you mean the hour as in 8 o'clock or hour as in 12 or 24?" -mumble mumble. Finally heard him say hold on just a minute let me mumble muble goobly muck. After another 3 minutes of muzak, got Pat.

Great I could understand Pat. He wanted me to tell him all about it again so as I was he interrupted and said let me find you a repair center, which I didn't really want to bother with because now I have been as patient as I could. So, I am taking the G2300 back to Wally World for a refund since it hasn't been 90 days yet. Waiting and hoping the new G2300B I get isn't defective as well, and sort of shopping for a new brand of watch. Problem is, I've become spoiled. I like solar, I hate rubber, resin, leather or metal bands, I like a watch face that is sunken so as to help prevent scratches, (one on my wrist was scratched bad not long after I got it) I like the look of these "fat" watches.

Well, I appreciate being able to lay this all down, even if nobody cares, it helps to get it out whether anyone is listening or not. And I apologize to the members and moderators for not knowing if this is the right spot to post this, but I didn't see a heading(?) thread(?) for VENTING, or TROUBLES FOR NEW GUYS.

Re: New Guy

Moved to main forum.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

And I tried to read it all, honestly.

But.... what's your question again? Or maybe there wasn't one. Welcome anyway!
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story with us.
    Have a great day!

Member Horrible Gelatinous Blob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Philthy McNasty View Post
    I like solar, I hate rubber, resin, leather or metal bands
    So you hate all those bands? Maybe you'd like nylon, canvas, or even carbon fiber bands.

Hay! Is that a flying squirrel avatar? You guys got them over there? Praise be I quit the caffiene eh? And now I have to Google Earth Northants.

And thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Philthy McNasty View Post
    Hay! Is that a flying squirrel avatar? You guys got them over there? Praise be I quit the caffiene eh? And now I have to Google Earth Northants.
    I hope it was not meant as an insult, my friend
    The flying squirrel is a mascot of the JDM editions of the Riseman.

Welcome!

Thread Information