New guy to g-shocks

Thread: New guy to g-shocks

New guy to g-shocks

Hi everybody, i just registered and ready to post. I just purchased a GW-1210A-9AV for a very low price, only $109 shipped. I just couldn't pass it, especially when elsewhere is well over $200. Then I found this forum and saw those amazing Japan only g-shocks. I like the looks of GW-1600BJ-1AJF and MRG-3000...not sure exactly what the difference is, beside the price...I know that the MRG is Ti, but i think the GW too....correct me, if I am wrong. Also how heavy the GW 1600 is? Anyway i can't afford the MRG, but in a not so distant future i wanna buy the GW...Higuchi has it for almost $400...also saw the alpinist...what o watch....another possible buy....Thanks for listening, i think i was bit by the bug!
    p.s. my english might not be very good, is my second language. thanks, alex.

Re: New guy to g-shocks

you're english is great! No worries here, mate!

The GW-1600's might be harder to find than a MRG 3000! A few of us looked into them from seller's from Japan, and the cost was a little over $400.

The 1600's are stainless steel, and are available with different color stenciling, and also the BJ version is a darkened steel. I'm sure someone has the proper terminology, but is definitely darker than the shiny stainless steel. One of our longtime members (AntonisCY), calls the GW-1600 "The King"!

Good luck!
    Neil

PS
    Great first post!

Hey, thanks for the nice words, Neil!
    Now I know why i was confused about the GW-1600 being made of Ti...is darkened steel...so is pretty heavy, around 145 Grams...and, i got an email from Seiya, he confirmed to me is SS...now I know why the MRG-3000 is almost double....I saw AntonisCY post with his King, too...the one I like is the BJ-1AJF, I think is a bit bluish and has some colored lettering...practically, i found the watch, both Seiya and Higuchi have it, though maybe different sub-models, so to speak...
    p.s. it took me about 8 years here in U.S. of A., not counting the years in school, studying and practicing my english.
    p.p.s. i am also very interested in a Sector watch, but i didn't see any topic regarding this brand...
    thanks, alex.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

WElcome to the forum ! Iam sure you will find that Giez are like peanuts ya can't have just 1 :O) :-D

thanks, i saw the Giez too...i looked long and hard at it...indeed, you buy one, no one knows when you'll stop...i plan to buy at least another casio and as casual watch, either the seiko alpinist or a Sector...but it has to be Ti....
    great forum
    alex

Banned

Hi aszavai,

First off, welcome to Wus . I hope your cc is ready to take a beating, once you see all the varied G's that you will come across here on the forum :-D . I see that you had mentioned a Sector watch, and although it's not titanium I thought you'd like to check this out.

http://https://forums.watchuseek.com/...ad.php?t=28210

Thread Information