New Guy questions
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tsip85

Thread: New Guy questions

New Guy questions

So, I have been floating around this site for a while...

How do you guys hear about all these different models?
    When I go to the G Shock website, there is a limited number of available models certainly not the different colors and options within each model...

Also, where do you guys get the parts to do mods? IE buttons and bezels and things of that nature? (ebay only had about 17 hits under G-Shock Parts search)

Great site!

Thanks,

Munsk.

Re: New Guy questions

The BEST place to find out about new releases is here. There are a list of other great sites like MyGShock.com and G-Street, but all the info that's posted there ends up here pretty much the same day. This forum is the one stop spot! As far as replacement parts, certain things such as straps and bezels can be ordered through casioparts or vendors such as tiktox or americanperfit. Other small pieces are sourced from other "donor" watches used for parts. When you get the bug big enough, and you stick around here long enough, it doesn't take long to figure out how to be "resourceful." What I love about this forum is the motto I've given it for myself: "When in doubt, ASK!" Trust me when I say you'll get more tips and advice than you could ever want or need! Sometimes parts, too!
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Thanks, I had already figured out that this is a great site, I just didnt know HOW great!
    Before getting on here, I had no idea how addicting this drug was... and I just took my second hit!!!

Munsk.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Stick around long enough and you'll find out how truly bad it can get. I still concider myself a newb having only started reading and posting on the forum 14 months ago. At that time I had one out of service G. In just over a year I somehow managed to obtain a wealth of knowledge, over 2000 posts, and about 50 Gs and Baby Gs for my wife! My advice...run while you still can!
    estebangomez likes this.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Welcome Munsk, I got to side with brother Tsip85 here and echo his advice, Run for the hills while you still can!
    Mike

Thread Information