WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New GW-1200A-1AVCR pictures!

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Torrid 
#1 ·
I apologize for the mediocre pictures, I had a little trouble photographing this one. I love this watch!

Yes, that's a scratch on the clasp. What's the point of having a G-Shock without putting it to the test? It's comfortable, lightweight compared to my Seiko diver and the clasp is amazing. It's even higher quality than I expected.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm recharging my camera right now, but I'll get a wrist shot a little later. It wears smaller than I thought it would as the bracelet is 18mm at its narrowest and dial is small compared to the diver's I'm used to, but with the smaller size is a refreshing change.

#5 ·
I had this one and have eventually flipped it...

The analog hands were a bit hard to read : one is never sure if it's :02 or :03... this plus the analog covering the digital... + the small digital numbers...

Over a period of time it just ended in a drawer. Didn't get ana / digi combo since...

Still, Congrats on your purchase and wear it in good health mate! :-!

#6 ·
I think it will work out for me pretty well as I'm not a G-Shock purist in that I haven't had experience with the bonuses of full digi G-Shocks. The displays are easy for me to read, but if I had experience with the full digis I think the numbers would be too small for me as well.

#7 ·
I'm really impressed by the atomic function. I've yet to keep it by the window at night and it's still managing to sync. I even did it in the middle of a cloudy day thursday at work and actually kept it on my wrist and somehow still sync'd. I doubt this is a common occurance.

#8 ·
I'm really impressed by the atomic function. I've yet to keep it by the window at night and it's still managing to sync. I even did it in the middle of a cloudy day thursday at work and actually kept it on my wrist and somehow still sync'd. I doubt this is a common occurance.
That's the way my atomics sync here in southern England (where we have two transmitters competing to sync our watches), but it doesn't seem to be too common in the States.

#13 ·
I have the same watch (though I live in Europe:-d). I got it from a good friend. I think it is a nice solid watch. Compared to the earlier atomic G's (GW-300, MTG-930, MTG-900, etc) it looks bigger on my wrist. OK, it's not a Frogman or a Gaussman, but it is also not small either.

It's funny that the Seiko in the picture is probably bigger than I expected it to be;-)

Cheers,

Sjors

#19 ·
Torrid,

Glad you like it! I know you were looking for something like this. I like the extra sub-dial displays this module has.

On your kinetic, what's the button at 2 o'clock for?

#20 ·
The button on the Kinetic is for power check, if the second hand moves a full 30 seconds, it's at full charge, 6 month reserve. It then waits there for the time to catch back up to it so it doesn't affect timekeeping.

Unfortunately my GW1200 has already bit the bullet. I submerged it in water and now I've got moisture inside the watch. Everytime I wash my hands now, all the buttons quit working. I already contacted the company about returning it, but I haven't heard back from them yet. I've had bad luck with watches. Out of the last 5, I've had problems with two now.

#21 ·
Well, it looks like it's on its way back now and I'm just going to hold off and buy another one later on. I thought about getting a replacement, but I keep seeing the titanium band model and it's growing on me. I think I'll hold off and get this one down the road.

#23 ·
congrats on a great watch! I still need to get around to ordering new batteries for mine. Somehow the rechargables died. :think:

#24 ·
I looked up the titanium GW1200BA and it now shows the storage battery as two CTL1025s so it looks like they've corrected the problem. I was hoping to find this problem resolved in the later models because this watch offers everything I was looking for, I just wish it didn't leak the first time or I would still have the SS model. I wanted an ana digi because they actually light up the dial with the EL and the Casio lume is mediocre at best. I need to be able to view standard local time, covered by the analog dial and UTC code in 24hr format. I'm really not a fan of bracelets, but I remember that the links had a decent gap between each one which allows the wrist to breathe. For just a touch over $200 shipped, it's much better than the $240 plus shipping I was finding when I originally bought the SS model.

#25 ·
I looked up the titanium GW1200BA and it now shows the storage battery as two CTL1025s. For just a touch over $200 shipped, it's much better than the $240 plus shipping I was finding when I originally bought the SS model.
I agree! It's a very comfortable watch, and the backlight is pretty bright in general, not because it's an ana/digi.

From when I last checked, the batteries were $10 each. So I'm not in a rush to spend $20 just for two batteries- when I have 9 other watches to keep time. :-(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.