New GW2500 -A1

Thread: New GW2500 -A1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New GW2500 -A1

I originally wanted a full analog model; but they became hard to find. I had bought the GIEZ model and returned it.
    I believe that the new 2500 series watches offer a lot of great features, just not the full analog I had wanted. After having it for more than a week, I'm very happy with my decision. The SS adds a little flair to the watch and with the negative display, gives it the look of a full analog.
    As this will be a tool watch, I was wondering if I would have a problem keeping it charged up. The watch has a power indicator which I like. It was on medium when I got, I then charged to high. I have spent a lot of time getting familiar with the watch and it has stayed on high. I wore it on Saturday to a football game and watch was put in drawer, and I pull it out today and it's still on high.
    If anyone is considering this watch, you will not be disappointed. As the negative display may not be for all, for me it is. Only thing that bugged me on the watch was in setting alarm or the autolight feature, one will have to look for a "dot" to appear in top LED window. I had to put on reading glasses and still had to get a magnifying glass to see it.
    Last edited by modyblu; October 1st, 2009 at 20:56.
    Bulova Accutron
    Hamilton "Golden Boy"
    Tissot Ballade
    Casio G Shock GW2500-A1
    Omega Seamaster 212.30.41.20.01.002

Laughing Re: New GW2500 -A1

Quote Originally Posted by modyblu View Post

I originally wanted a full analog model; but they became hard to find. I had bought the GIEZ model and returned it.
    I believe that the new 2500 series watches offer a lot of great features, just not the full analog I had wanted. After having it for more than a week, I'm very happy with my decision. The SS adds a little flair to the watch and with the negative display, gives it the look of a full analog.
    As this will be a tool watch, I was wondering if I would have a problem keeping it charged up. The watch has a power indicator which I like. It was on medium when I got, I then charged to high. I have spent a lot of time getting familiar with the watch and it has stayed on high. I wore it on Saturday to a football game and watch was put in drawer, and I pull it out today and it's still on high.
    If anyone is considering this watch, you will not be disappointed. As the negative display may not be for all, for me it is. Only thing that bugged me on the watch was in setting alarm or the power save feature, one will have to look for a "dot" to appear in top LED window. I had to put on reading glasses and still had to get a magnifying glass to see it.
    Modyblu - I put in my order for the GW2500-1A this past weekend. I am eager for it to arrive at my home. Now, my anticipation has grown tremendously with your posting and photo. I feel the weeklong (or so) wait I must endure has just started to become a little more painful ...

Regardless, I appreciate your advice from earlier :). I hope to put up pics of my own soon.

Re: New GW2500 -A1

Congratulations.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations on your new G' !

Cheers...

Hi,
    congrats ! I just pulled the trigger on a GW-2500B today myself. Don't worry about not getting the GW-2000 - I had it and flipped it. Like the looks but hated the slow response when making adjustments - that's the downside of an all-analogue G-Shock. Besides I missed the 4 alarms +snooze. So for me featurewise I think the GW-2500 is better suited to my needs.
    Have fun with it.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

K42

I have the 2500B model on the way

Can't wait to see if I like it or not.

That's a beaut! Congrats and enjoy.

Thanks, although it is hard to put my Omega down. I'm enjoying the GW2500 today. The GIEZ that I had would never pick up the atomic signal( it was returned after 2 days, not returned just for this, it was just one of many); but this GW2500 does so easily. I love accurate watches and this is it. By the way, it shows me that my Omega has gained 14 seconds for the entire month. I think that is awesome!
    Bulova Accutron
    Hamilton "Golden Boy"
    Tissot Ballade
    Casio G Shock GW2500-A1
    Omega Seamaster 212.30.41.20.01.002

Thumbs Up Re: New GW2500 -A1

Hey Guys,

I am in Dubai and intending to get one new GW2500 1A, i understand from retailers here that it is not available in dubai because it will not work here. Anyone can please advise on this on instant terms.

The watch will work but it won't sync to the atomic signal because there isn't one in your area. Casio generally doesn't export atomic models to such areas.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information