New Imports, Body kits and a custom paint job
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: New Imports, Body kits and a custom paint job

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Imports, Body kits and a custom paint job

Its been awhile since I've started a thread.

Some of the parts are old some are new, and two from the wishlist fulfilled.

Lets start with the new imports.

GX56KG3 (Arrived few days ago)

This guy is not new. Dyed a Orange king brown as the straps were badly stained from a wearing it underneath a jacket.

Forgot to put in the keeper in the 2nd bath. Ended up with a lighter shade of brown

Group shot of all the kings

I went shopping for some body kits.. Some were utilized, some kept as spares

Then the swapping frenzy begins

Before

After

Got a little hyper color going on there.. Not to everyone's taste. I'm really impressed with Mr.Cartoon's designs. You don't get to see a decorated keeper every now and then.

Before

After

My most expensive 6900 bezel and strap set to date. But its worth all the stars and stripes.

My favorite 6900 and most worn

Before

After (swapped out the boring face plate, in goes a chromed piece)

Group shot of the 6900 brothers

Next up, the candy series (again!!) Stealth lovers, you may want to skip this part.

GA110 HC-6 Got this off a good friend of mine. Didn't like the color combo. Off goes the yellow straps. Prefer it in pink instead

GA110FC-2. This guy ran out of bezel and straps due to the various swaps. This combo came from whatever spares I could salvage from the pile. Its starting to grow on me

GA110HC 2AJF (This was put together for the missus. We missed out on the GA110F-2 playset. She loved that combo so much, I've decided to make a poor man's version for her)

Finally, a custom paint job for a great buddy.

Jacko, I hope you will enjoy wearing it as much as I enjoyed painting it for you.

A tribute to Miguel Ayako Ferrari Frogman.

Before

Black font stripped

After

Swapped the black bottom cover to the one from the GWF1000 BS. Painted the button arrows and bezel with acrylic paint by toothpick with lots of wet and dry tissues. The White and green font on the bezel represents the Italian Flag with red already on the bezel, and the yellow represents the Ferrari emblem. It might not seem much compared to the original Ayako design, but working with acrylic paints is really messy and tedious. It took me 5 nights to complete the bezel and buttons, but seeing the smile on Jacko's face is worth it. Wear it in good health Bro.

Thanks for viewing.

Cheers
    Last edited by Scuderia F2007; May 14th, 2012 at 17:19.
    XxMACCAxX, LUW, GShockMe and 14 others like this.

LUW

Re: New Imports, Body kits and a custom paint job

100% awesomeness!!!!
    Dude, you're making it really hard for me NOT to want a set of red clothes for my future 1000...
    That Frog looks spectacular!
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Great mod! I'd love to have that stars and stripes B&B so I can make a lovers' collection with the Ke$ha baby-G.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That frog is VERY cool!
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

Any reason why you chose acrylic over enamel? I tried to use acrylic once but had no success. I'd love to know how you were able to get it to "stick" as I have a couple of colors of acrylic paint that I'd like to use, but after my first attempt I didn't think they'd work. Do you just use water to remove the access?
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

In the group shot of the 6900s what is the deep purple one? Is it a custom one or is it stock?

I think that King Scud posted is probably his only "stock" G!! The 6900 in question looks like a GLX6900 with a change of clothes...

This

+

This, maybe??
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

How much did the union pegleg bezel and strap come out to? I would love to get a extra set as I do wear all my gshocks.

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    100% awesomeness!!!!
    Dude, you're making it really hard for me NOT to want a set of red clothes for my future 1000...
    That Frog looks spectacular!
    Thanks Luciano, I'll say go for it.. I happen to have one spare set lying around somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by GShockMe View Post
    Great mod! I'd love to have that stars and stripes B&B so I can make a lovers' collection with the Ke$ha baby-G.
    Thanks GshockMe. The resins are not cheap though. But I'm loving it

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    That frog is VERY cool!
    Thanks Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsip85 View Post
    Any reason why you chose acrylic over enamel? I tried to use acrylic once but had no success. I'd love to know how you were able to get it to "stick" as I have a couple of colors of acrylic paint that I'd like to use, but after my first attempt I didn't think they'd work. Do you just use water to remove the access?
    I prefer acrylic due to the non corrosive nature. I used to dilute enamel with paint thinner which resulted in some peeling on glossy bezels. And working with turpentine and thinners gives me a headache due to the fumes. The strongest liquid used for this mod is Goof Off.

I use a toothpick to apply and wipe the access off with a wet tissue wrapped around the tooth pick. A few coats of paint is needed to reach the desired vibrancy. Each coat is given a day to cure before the next coating is applied. The excess is removed by water when wet, and Goof off when cured.

Quote Originally Posted by Robm612 View Post
    In the group shot of the 6900s what is the deep purple one? Is it a custom one or is it stock?
    Tsips85 got the answer right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsip85 View Post
    I think that King Scud posted is probably his only "stock" G!! The 6900 in question looks like a GLX6900 with a change of clothes...

This

+

This, maybe??
    Spot On!!!

Quote Originally Posted by airrick23 View Post
    How much did the union pegleg bezel and strap come out to? I would love to get a extra set as I do wear all my gshocks.
    I'll PM you.

WOW! those Hyper Colored GA110's are EPIC! nice job!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information