New to me dw5600e
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: New to me dw5600e

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New to me dw5600e

A big thank you to TONY M on this forum for supplying me with my latest G Shock. It's the dw5600e and as he assured me, its in new condition.
    Today is its first day out, in the Mercedes-Benz truck.
    Thank you again Tony for your seamless and honest sale
    ...and a thank you to sondar for pointing me in the right direction.

Just a quickie picture, more to follow....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Crater, Redcrow, jtaka1 and 4 others like this.

Re: New to me dw5600e

Congrats and nice pic!

Congrats!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's a great watch. congrats.

Congrats on the watch. The 5600E is a classic, and has a useful feature set, without anything being overdone. Most of the 5600-series watches after this one sacrifice some useful feature on this for some less useful feature. For example, if we go to the 5600J, we lose the multi-function alarm in favor of 5 daily alarms. We lose the ability to see the time of day in stopwatch and timer modes. And the price doubles, for the solar/atomic features. (which are admittedly useful)

On the other hand, there's no need to show off your fancy truck though, it has nothing to do with the watch, and it seems a little gauche to me to do so. That's what they do over at timezone and in the rich guy sub-forum here. ;)
    -Jeremy
    6-3/4" (171 mm) wrist

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post

On the other hand, there's no need to show off your fancy truck though, it has nothing to do with the watch, and it seems a little gauche to me to do so. That's what they do over at timezone and in the rich guy sub-forum here. ;)
    You Yanks can be so cruel; didn't you notice in the pic that we poor Brits can't even afford the gas for our trucks? Or whatever goes in the right side gauge either?

It also occurs to me that oiljam is probably being very British and modest, trying to point out that it is a truck and not, say, an AMG63 Black Series he is about to start up.
    Last edited by sondar; December 8th, 2012 at 10:55.
    oiljam and Chrisek like this.

Apologies Smaug if I have offended you. I believe there may be a language cross-over problem here.
    Here in the UK we've started to use the American term 'truck' for our lorries (not our daily rides). Believe me there is nothing glamorous or pretentious about driving a 44 tonne lorry. Others I drive are DAF, Scania, MAN and Volvo, all owned by the company I work for and are tools for pulling trailers.
    Today in my attempt to show its previous owner that the watch was being enjoyed I posted this picture and I happened to be in a Merc.
    I often see pictures on here that show watches in their natural environment and to me a G Shock is a work watch, so here it is.
    Again apologies and thanks for your kind initial words
    TedDotCom, nigelw, Crater and 4 others like this.

Great work/everyday watch. BTW I have always said if I could only own 1 G-shock (!) This would be it.
    oiljam likes this.
    How many watches do I need?
    Truthfully, I only "need" this one.

Exclamation Re: New to me dw5600e

Quote Originally Posted by oiljam
    I believe there may be a language cross-over problem here.
    Here in the UK we've started to use the American term 'truck' for our lorries (not our daily rides). Believe me there is nothing glamorous or pretentious about driving a 44 tonne lorry. Others I drive are DAF, Scania, MAN and Volvo, all owned by the company I work for and are tools for pulling trailers.Today in my attempt to show its previous owner that the watch was being enjoyed I posted this picture and I happened to be in a Merc.
    When you said 'truck' I assumed you meant SUV, since we don't have any other type of Mercedes trucks here. (unless you count small utility vans, which are starting to appear...) I failed to notice you're British. So, my fault!

Quote Originally Posted by oiljam
    I often see pictures on here that show watches in their natural environment and to me a G Shock is a work watch, so here it is.
    Yep, totally different context than what I was imagining. Sorry to needlessly bust your chops. By the way, for my future reference, do BMW, Porsche, Audi, and Ferrari also make trucks over there? (I know Lamborghini started with a tractor...) I have to make sure I have my facts straight next time I go on a crusade to de-snob the place, hehehe.
    Redcrow and oiljam like this.
    -Jeremy
    6-3/4" (171 mm) wrist

Unfortunately no Super trucks over here Smaug. But the day I climb into my Ferrari truck is the day I upgrade my dw5600e, join timezone and enter the dizzy heights of the rich guy forums

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information