New to me G... pics...

Thread: New to me G... pics...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New to me G... pics...

I mentioned yesterday my acquisition of 2310. I took a few quick pics. I really like the thick chunky feel of this line. Im already thinking of getting another LOL.

Suunto... Replacing Luck!

Re: New to me G... pics...

Nice. For some reason the shiny metal on those works.
    Esp. the 5th button.
    Other models don't do shiny well.

Thanks for pics, very interesting watch, and as acello27 said, shiny metal looks very nice on this watch.
    Have a great day!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, its just enough contrast to be appealing without losing that "tough" G feeling.

here are a few pics of my old one (same model) taken YEARS ago.

And here is the other I once owned... I may try to find one of these:

Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats!

My favourite of current all-digital models.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    My favourite of current all-digital models.
    Very nice Jeff. I recently purchased this model as well.

Tribe, curious how you like the GW2310 in your signature? I've been waiting for one of your insightful reviews of this model.

Congrats... I also found my 2300! :)

Welcome to the forum!

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by G-EFF View Post
    Tribe, curious how you like the GW2310 in your signature? I've been waiting for one of your insightful reviews of this model.
    It looks as though I've tempted you to make your first post since joining the forum in 2007.

I like it very much, but then I would, because it's reminiscent of my favourite G-Shock of all time - the G-2000.

Neither of these watches would appeal to perhaps the majority of visitors to the forum these days. Both are what I would call 'usefully small', i.e. medium-sized in comparison to some of the current super-sized models. Both conform to the classic format for round G-Shocks - divided display; sub-dial to upper left; day, date and time shown simulataneously; black resin; and nothing else.

They diverge from the classic format by showing a bit of metal. The G-2000 is hinting at its stainless steel case, while the metal inner bezel of the GW-2310 is purely decorative. The latter doesn't always look entirely honest on G-Shocks, but it made the original G-2310 look better than the G-2300, and it contnues to look right on the GW-2310.

I had a G-2310 but sold it, partly because the day display sat irritatingly low in its window, but also because I found the data function a bit clunky and didn't use it.

I often think that other updated classic models have been marred by the addition of atomic time and solar power, but of course the 2300 series always had solar power and the addition of atomic time is unobtrusive. Unlike some other atomic-solar models, the 24hr countdown timer has been retained (although I think the original may have allowed seconds to be set, which the updated version doesn't). The new version benefits from a crisper display and 48-city world time. It also has a more muted colour-scheme for button labelling. Overall, I like the GW-2310 better than the original model.

It's one of those G-Shocks that just gets on and does the job without drawing attention to itself, and those are the ones I like. I like the greater simplicity of the G-2000 even more, but they're not making those anymore, which makes the GW-2310 my favourite current digital G-Shock.

GW-2310

G-2000

I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information