New to me WCCS Frogman has arrived, and I'm still not 100% sold on it
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New to me WCCS Frogman has arrived, and I'm still not 100% sold on it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New to me WCCS Frogman has arrived, and I'm still not 100% sold on it

So this is my first frogman, and I don't know what to think about it. On the one hand, I feel like it's in pretty decent shape for how old it is, and the fact that it was not just a display watch, and I feel like the final price I got it for was very competitive. I really like the rays in the backlight, however I'm not sure about the jelly band and bezel though. I know lots of people really like the WCCS models, but I haven't really fallen in love with it like I have when some other models have arrived. From this thread, I'm hoping for either some encouragement that makes me like it, or motivation to make me sell it. It's really all a bit anticlimactic. Here are some pictures, let me know what you think (sorry taken with my phone at work)

Name:  IMG_20110718_181836.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  929.1 KBName:  IMG_20110718_184808.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  1.01 MBName:  IMG_20110718_183148.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  839.7 KBName:  IMG_20110718_182631.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  866.7 KBName:  IMG_20110718_182235.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  705.5 KBName:  IMG_20110718_182000.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  1.42 MBName:  IMG_20110718_181921.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  319.1 KBName:  IMG_20110718_182227.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  593.0 KB
    Watch_Junky likes this.

Re: New to me WCCS Frogman has arrived, and I'm still not 100% sold on it

You can dye it any color you like, even black... Maybe it just needs a makeover to win you over.

This is one model that I've always had my eye on, but never been able to pull the trigger for some reason. If I ever did get one, I would want it to be 100% brand new, but I am not willing to pay a premium for one in perfect condition. I guess that is why I never got one... I have a blue jelly 9900 WCCS frogman, which is my favorite G-shock of all time. I tend to like to colored jelly models more than the clear, although I have several clear jellies now.

Could be. As I am just wearing it around the office, I really like the weight of it. What happens to the writing and little crab on the band when you dye it? Can you stilll see them?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I really had no desire to buy a jelly band watch, but this deal seemed too good to pass up. Hopefully it grows on me. If not though, no harm no foul. I can always sell or trade it, and I'm sure there are people with more pressing concerns.

The writing is not usually affected by the dye process...or if it is, it is not affected much. Here is one that a forum member dyed, and you can still see the writing:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/cas...50-520085.html

That actually looks alright, Obviously he repainted the "Frogman", but did he have to repaint the "split/reset" and "log data"? As small as those letters are it seems like it would be quite difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Cady View Post
    That actually looks alright, Obviously he repainted the "Frogman", but did he have to repaint the "split/reset" and "log data"? As small as those letters are it seems like it would be quite difficult.

It's easy to repaint recessed letters. You completely cover them in a blob of enamel paint, then take a tissue soaked in rubbing alcohol and wipe once or twice to clean off the excess. It may not look 100% perfect on the first try, but you can always do it again. Takes less than a minute.

for me, i think it's the cost, if I got this for around 200bucks, I'd love to wear it more often - more than that, it's piece of art/history

LOL

yeah, the jelly is not worth the hype - it's cool, but it doesn't make any statement - so i hardly enjoy wearing it like i do to other G's

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    yeah, the jelly is not worth the hype - it's cool, but it doesn't make any statement - so i hardly enjoy wearing it like i do to other G's

What hype?

That's what I paid for it, and I'm still not satisfied with it. Watch the sales corner, it may be on there for $200 before too long.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information