New member advice

Thread: New member advice

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New member advice

Have just found this excellent forum via g people.Bought my first shock a dark blue DW004 love the watch but failing eyesight means the time display is too small for me somebody suggested a G3010 would fit the bill,any other ideas and anybody looking to trade (UK/EU)

Re: New member advice

Hi Dave, and welcome to the forum!

The digits on the DW-004 are probably average for G-Shocks, so your problem must be quite significant.

The G-3010 would certainly fit the bill, and it's not easy to think of a G-Shock with larger digits. It's not a model that has proved to be particularly popular, though.

The G-8000 has larger digits than most, and the G-7500 also springs to mind. I'm sure there will be other suggestions. Newer models also have clearer displays than the 'old school' models, which may make a difference to you.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

TTT

G-2800

Although I think you may be better off with a large analogue dial, with high-contrast numerals and hands, than a G-shock...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Hi Dave, and welcome to the forum!

The digits on the DW-004 are probably average for G-Shocks, so your problem must be quite significant.

The G-3010 would certainly fit the bill, and it's not easy to think of a G-Shock with larger digits. It's not a model that has proved to be particularly popular, though.

The G-8000 has larger digits than most, and the G-7500 also springs to mind. I'm sure there will be other suggestions. Newer models also have clearer displays than the 'old school' models, which may make a difference to you.
    Thanks for the welcome recognise you from TZUK I'm not quite a white stick candidate yet I can read the time in good light but need to concentrate am looking for something slightly bigger I can read at a glance the one second from the end of yours looks the part.

Wink Re: New member advice

Quote Originally Posted by TTT View Post
    G-2800

Although I think you may be better off with a large analogue dial, with high-contrast numerals and hands, than a G-shock...
    It's an idea but I've got a black monster already

Quote Originally Posted by daveinspain View Post
    the one second from the end of yours looks the part.
    It's a Pathfinder 1300G, so strictly speaking it's not a G-Shock, but it certainly has a big clear display.

For information (apologies if you already know this), the Protrek / Pathfinder range are 'outdoor' watches with compass, altitude and barometer functions. They're not designed to quite the near-indestructible standards of G-Shocks, but they're still pretty tough. The Pathfinder name is limited to the north American market. In the rest of the world, the watches go under the Protrek name.

This model has atomic time and solar power.

I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Conceived in New Jersey, living in South Texas

Welcome Dave. I'm afraid I don't yet know much about Casios but I have the same interest as you in being able to tell the time at a glance. So I hope to learn something from this thread as well.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    FWIW I would recommend the PAW1300 for great viewability. Not only does it have nice large chunky digits, but also the display lets through a large amount of light, thus making great use of the ambient light.

The PAW1300 is also more viewable than some of the older Pathfinders because it has a simplex LCD; that means that there is only one level of LCD. On the older models, there were two (a duplex LCD), which allowed the watch to present the compass information very nicely with big lines. However, the drawback of the duplex LCD was that the extra layer caused the underlying display to be slightly less clear. The simplex LCD doesn't have that problem.

My suggestions:

G-3010:

DW56RT:

G-8000:

G-7500

The DW56RT and G-7500 probably have the easiest to read displays.

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Welcome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information