New member, another frog lover...

Thread: New member, another frog lover...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New member, another frog lover...

Hi guys, my name is Jean-Philippe, I'm a 35 years old french firefighter and professional scuba diver (so excuse in advance my poor english).

My story with G-Shocks begins in 1983 with a birthday gift from my grand mother : a DW-5000, needless to say I was the proudest boy on earth...
    I wore it day and night for about 10 years (!) then I bought my second one to go to the army, a DW-5900. When I was in Paris I saw the first illuminator watche, and I had to buy one absolutely ! It was a DW-6600, a really great one, one of my favourite G's.
    In beetween my grandmother (her again !) bought me a DEP-600, the only non-G shock I ever got.
    For the fun my ex-girlfriend bought me a DW-003 G-Lide yellow with a double velcro band (hey... it was the 90's and the color was cool !)
    Then, no more G-Shocks for a while, till my 30th birthday, when I decided to get a nice Frogman for my job. In fact I obtained a Seaman DW-9950... Man I love this watch !

The fact is : when I wear a watch, I wear it night and day, all year long, wherever I go, surfing, snowboarding or scuba diving for the job... So my G-Shocks are quite...dead when I change :oops:
    But two days ago I saw on the web that I could change the watchbands and even the "bezel" (I didn't know the word, and I didn't know it could be changed !) so I decided to slowly repair my watches, and give them a second youth.

But I also decided to begin a little collection of G with my favourite model : the frogman of DW-82XX or DW-99XX series, and most specifically the Men in colours models (depending of the thickness of my wallet, of course). By the way... I'd love to see a MIRO frogman !!

Oh ! I forgot in my "collection" (in fact it's not a collection because I wear each watch I have) a G-Shock I have been given by my fire department for the scubadiving : I don't know the reference but it's not a very nice one, it's like if the metal round of the frogman was in cheap grey plastic, I have to find it (no more battery and the little "loop" of the band is destroyed)

Voilà ! G Shocks are not my only passion in life, I'm a big fan of Jeeps of all kind but most CJ7, CJ5 and JK Wranglers... (I own one Sahara JK Unlimited), I also like stuff like Leathermans and Maglites (hem hem... I realize now that I write it that I must have a problem with my virility, or something like that )

Re: New member, another frog lover...

dude, welcome to the forum !!!

u have to show us ur DW-5000. that is just way tooo sweet.

and your grandmother has such great taste in Gs.
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

Welcome, Jean-Philippe.

And don't worry about your English - as you can see, it's better than mansrow's.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    And don't worry about your English - as you can see, it's better than mansrow's.

Welcome aboard JP! Oh, you're gonna LOVE this place mon ami...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Welcome, Jean-Philippe.

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you've found the right place.

You've really experienced the full range of G-Shocks over the years. You'll have to post some pics.

BTW - Jeeps and the other stuff do indeed go nicely with G-Shocks. You gotta love rugged well-made stuff that lasts.
    Last edited by Riley; September 19th, 2008 at 16:18.

Hi Jean

Welcome to the asylum!

I am sure a lot of members would love to see a photo of that old DW-5000 if you still have it.

Mitch

Hi Jean,

Welcome to the forum I have to echo members requests for that photo of the DW-5000. I look forward to many more posts, and remember, you too can abuse Mansrow
    Apple Watch Space Black Series 5 w/ LTE
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600C Speed
    Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000GD-1JF
    Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR Frogman

Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1 Rescue
    Citizen ATO810-55X
    Omega SeaMaster Pro Ceramic 212.30.41.20.01.003
    Omega Seamaster Pro Bond Quartz 2221.80
    Omega Speedmaster Co Axial Moon Watch 311.33.44.51.01.002

Seiko SKA625
    Seiko Velatura SNAA93
    Seiko V701

Check out my video reviews at:
    www.youtube.com/dougfnj
    Twitter: @DougFNJ

Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    Hi Jean,

Welcome to the forum I have to echo members requests for that photo of the DW-5000. I look forward to many more posts, and remember, you too can abuse Mansrow

the payback is way overdue ..............................

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information