New member and G-Shock novice.
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: New member and G-Shock novice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just thought I'd take a minute to submit my first post as a new member and G-Shock novice. As someone who has never really worn watches, I recently decided to correct this oversight. My search led me to this website and the vast selection of models and colours offered by the G-Shock range lured me in to this forum.

After hours of reading informative posts and drooling over some great photos, I ordered my first G, a GW-4000-1A3ER, the 'Hulk'. I didn't stop there however, I quickly followed up with a GW-M5610BC-1ER, I just love the old school looks of the squares. Finally, whilst searching through eBay listings, I found a GW-2000B-1AER at a price too good to pass on.

So there we have it, in the space of a week I have found a love for watches, a passion for G's and purchased three models. As soon as the 2000 arrives, I'll post some pictures of my modest collection. Thanks to all the regulars here who have helped to fuel my new found passion, I may well be looking to you for advice on my next purchase.

Re: New member and G-Shock novice.

Welcome to the forum, apple_matt. Congratulations on your new Gs. Looking forward to see your mandatory wrist shots.

Quote Originally Posted by GShockMe View Post
    Looking forward to see your mandatory wrist shots.
    +1, and welcome!
    isezumi likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome, Matt! You appear to be off to a good start with your G-Shock collection. However, be warned...... it is an addiction for which there is no known cure! Keep us updated as you add to your collection. Cheers, Bill P.
    gripmaster likes this.

Welcome! Post pics after you received the watches!

---

So funny I just joined as well for the same reason. Hilarious. I just purchased a DW-5600E and a GW-5600J. Love them both though.

I have only really worn one watch and my wife broke that years ago and I have been buying watches on and off again for a while trying to find the "right" kind for me. I had heard of the gshock line but never put much thought behind it. While searching one day while bored I came across this site and was convinced to try one. I must say I love the experience so far and I have been sucked in.

So in closing Hello everyone. Hope it's a fun time.
    gripmaster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by silencio163 View Post
    So funny I just joined as well for the same reason.
    Welcome, Silencio. It'll certainly be a fun ride, but not so much fun watching your wallet get thinner and thinner by the day. Enjoy the mad house and be sure to post some pics. As stated above, wrist shots are MANDATORY!!
    gripmaster likes this.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

welcome, and I am waiting to see the pix

I finally have a day off work to utilise some daylight for a few photos. First off a group shot:

Name:  First G's.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  817.9 KB

And the obligatory wrist shots:

Name:  GW-M5610BC-1ER.jpg
Views: 3925
Size:  732.1 KB
    GW-M5610BC-1ER

Name:  GW-2000B-1AER.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  734.1 KB
    GW-2000B-1AER

Name:  GW-4000-1A3ER.jpg
Views: 3231
Size:  787.3 KB
    GW-4000-1A3ER

The eagle eyed amongst you will notice that I have swapped out the composite bracelet on the 5610. The quality of the composite is superb, however I prefer the resin strap for everyday use. The 2000 is my 2nd hand purchase, I picked this up for £59 ($96), it was too good to pass up and as you can see, is in great condition. In reply to Gaopa, I am truly addicted, I am now currently waiting for a GA-110HC-1AER to land on my doorstep. Please help, where will it all end......

Right on apple_matt! Welcome to the forum and great watches to get! Wear them in good health.
    gripmaster likes this.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information