New Member Question

Thread: New Member Question

New Member Question

Hi all,

I've lately got the bug for a G. I came across the forum and everyone here seems very helpful so I hope you can help me out. I have lots of quetions, so I won't try to cover them all here.

My first question is in regards to g technology and some confusion I hvae with the official web site. I don't understand why if I click on the 'tough solar' filter on the web site, all the master g items are filtered out. Yet, if I go into the master g series watches directly, most of them say 'tough solar' on the band. Is it just a glitch with the web site.

How can one learn the differences between 'solar atomic' 'tough solar' and just plain 'tough'.

Many thanks.

Re: New Member Question

Welcome

Sounds like a website glitch or it might grey out because not every Master of G is Tough Solar.

- Solar Atomic will say "Tough Solar" on the face or band and will also say either "Wave Ceptor" or "Multi-Band 5/6".
    - Tough Solar will say just that on the face or band
    " Tough... not something I've ever seen written on its own on a G-Shock but if it says neither of the above phrases, the watch is just a standard, non-solar, non-atomic G-Shock.

The "Wave Ceptor" phrase normally means it will sync with the atomic clock in one country. "Multi-Band 5/6" means it will sync with the atomic clock more or less all over the world.

Thank you. That is very helpful.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

the official g-shock websites aren't the best. i often find those 'product selection wizards' are incomplete or half-hearted. casio's is no exception.

any models in particular catching your interest?
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Yes, I just started a thread here with a couple models I have in mind. I appreciate any feedback you have:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=326878

It's not a glitch on the website, it's just that Casio's division of the models into categories is a bit arbitrary.

Welcome to the forum!
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thread Information