The new Mudman

Thread: The new Mudman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The new Mudman

Just picked up a new G-9000MS. I love the stealthy look that is has right down to the black buckle. I also have a question for you pro's. I still have a GW9000A-1 on the way and would like to know if the modules are interchangeable. Can I swap the 5 eye module and 9000MS module for a little atomic/solar stealth? Here are a few pics and also I will show a size comparison shot with my AWG101-1A. I have in the past added an extra keeper on my G straps and had pretty good luck with it so as you can see I have two keepers on the Mudman with the one at the end reversed. My wrist is an even 7" and it feels like a perfect fit. The band is a lot softer feeling than the one on my AWG.

Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: The new Mudman

Congrats on the new Mudman! It's a tough G that also fits well. Wear it well, my friend!

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Just picked up a new G-9000MS. I love the stealthy look that is has right down to the black buckle. I also have a question for you pro's. I still have a GW9000A-1 on the way and would like to know if the modules are interchangeable. Can I swap the 5 eye module and 9000MS module for a little atomic/solar stealth?
    hi,

maybe i'm missing something here but why would you want to put a module from one black case into another black case? (they are both the same)

besides that, you most certainly can switch the modules but it wouldn't do much good, because what you can't switch is the display layout in the crystals....

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Really? Maybe I made a mistake then. I thought that the 5 eye had colored lettering on the case and the MIB case that I just bought was the only totally solid black case Mudman. Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't expecting to buy this one today but I found it in a PX for 55.00 on a closeout so I couldn't turn it down and only a day after I ordered the 5 eye of course:) I want an atomic/solar but this thing just looks so cool:) The totally black case is really a looker.

Thanks for the heads up!

Moderator G-Shock Forum

You dont need to open the watch case and exchange the modules.
    Just exchange the resin outer bezel between the watches.
    Its just attached by the 6 visible screws from the sides.

The colored writings on the bezel can also be stealthed by using nail polish remover and an old teethbrush.

Thanks Mac that pretty much matches what I just read by searching the forums I just wanted to be sure. I figured if you guys didn't know then I was out of luck:)

Thanks again and I will post pics after the change out.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Really? Maybe I made a mistake then. I thought that the 5 eye had colored lettering on the case and the MIB case that I just bought was the only totally solid black case Mudman. Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't expecting to buy this one today but I found it in a PX for 55.00 on a closeout so I couldn't turn it down and only a day after I ordered the 5 eye of course:) I want an atomic/solar but this thing just looks so cool:) The totally black case is really a looker.

Thanks for the heads up!
    okay, now i got it

yes the GW-9000 has some white writing on the case but it is small and rather subdued. it is easy to black those white parts with a small tipped marker or you can just swap the outer bezel as suggested by d2mac.
    btw: you will probably find that the G-9000 module is superior to the GW-9000 module - despite atomic and solar - so don't be surprised if you like it better

cheers
    Last edited by cal..45; June 21st, 2010 at 12:39.
    We are 12.6 %

Thanks Cal. I'm sure that I totally botched the question anyway. Module, bezel....I am pretty much a newbie with G's but I am very impressed by them. Yes the addiction is starting to grab hold pretty tight. Your right about G-9000. I love it. I can see it fine and man I just think that is looks so good. The AWG has also impressed the heck out of me. The atomic feature works every day and I simply just enjoy that from a technical view. The solar? No biggie, I can change a battery so that doesn't do much for me but it still seems pretty cool. Yes when I saw this blacked out Mudman today I just had to buy it even though the 5 eye is on the way. I strapped this guy on this morning and left my Tag Aquaracer on the dresser:)

Thanks again guys for all of the input and assistance.

Congrats on your new Mudman!!! Now it's so long TAG I have the G-9000-1 and I love it. Have my eye on the green camo mudman now. Enjoy it!!!
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

Just a follow up. Here are a couple of pics after the bezel change. Along with the blacked out bezel I also blacked the silver ring on the module. Also I changed all over the silver band screws to black ones and the buckle to a black one. I am very happy with the way that it turned out and so far happy with the 5 eye!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information