New Mudman is arrived!

Thread: New Mudman is arrived!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Mudman is arrived!

I have start a collection of old G-shock some month ago when I've find in a box my old DW-6700.... I have buy in the last 2/3 months about 20 used G-shock (some 5600 screw back, DW-6900, DW-6100, DW-6500, Seaman, Raysman... and so on) but still I have not buy a new G-shock to see how they are evolved and how the may be useful in a modern life.

I Normally have at my wrist one of my many automatic and mechanic watchs (Speedmasters, Sinn 142, Fortis Cosmonauts, Seamster Bond... some Russian Sturmanskie e Poljot) all they are fantastic and I always have think they can't be substitute by a G-shock...

Now, through a very nice and reliable seller found on ebay, I've buy a GW-9000 the Multiband Mudman, the one that I go crazy for...
    It is japanese market, new, boxed and with original tags and booklet...

I have decide to wear it for one month, every day, and see what happen with a G-shock at wrist!
    The last time I've put a G-shock at my wrist was ten years ago, and it was the DW-9300...

Let's see!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Schirra; November 3rd, 2006 at 16:51.
    Salva
    Salva

Re: New Mudman is arrived!

congrats my friend, the watch looks great! specialy in that "stealthy" kinda look. :gold
    BROADARROW: PRS-4Q
    CASIO: DW-6100, GW200TC-2V(FROGMAN), G9000-3V (MUDMAN), DW5600E-1V, GW1200BA-1AV, GW6900, PAW-1300-1V(PATHFINDER), GW-7900B, G-7900
    SWISS ARMY: ACTIVE ORIGINAL SAI 24378
    SEIKO: BLACK MONSTER, SKX007, 300M TUNA CAN
    OAKLEY: D1 BLACK/BLACK

Thanks! Me too I like the black "navy seal" look!!!!
    Salva
    Salva

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

she must have cost you a pretty penny. i want one now... haha
    BROADARROW: PRS-4Q
    CASIO: DW-6100, GW200TC-2V(FROGMAN), G9000-3V (MUDMAN), DW5600E-1V, GW1200BA-1AV, GW6900, PAW-1300-1V(PATHFINDER), GW-7900B, G-7900
    SWISS ARMY: ACTIVE ORIGINAL SAI 24378
    SEIKO: BLACK MONSTER, SKX007, 300M TUNA CAN
    OAKLEY: D1 BLACK/BLACK

I've spend about 175 USD...I've no Idea if this price is higher or lower...
    Salva
    Salva

I paid about €130 EUR ($166 USD) for mine, including shipping. I hoped I would be posting pics of mine today too. Unfortunately, it's held up at Her Majesty's Customs & Excise pending further charges. O|

Yeah, me too I must pay VAT, Taxes and handling for the Italian post (they really hurts with this tax, not because the money, but because they keep the box for about 1/2 weeks, open the box and put again the items in very bad way.... again in the box, really stupid people...)

In €*I have paid about 15,00 on a total of 138€ that was the price of watch converted in € from dollars, so the final price was 153€
    Salva
    Salva

I'm thinking of taking the plunge & ordering a Frogman from the US. Will HM Customs & Excise charge me VAT as well? (does it delay the order any or how do they collect the cash?)

Schirra
    I got stung for €32 EUR approx in taxes and charges, made the GW-9000 cost a total of €160 EUR approx. Still great value for such a watch.

Alan
    Yes, you'll have VAT and duty to day, plus a charge to Royal Mail for paying it to HMC&E on your behalf. 20-25% is my rule of thumb.

It can delay you receiving the watch too, as Royal Mail and Parcel Force no longer collect the charges on the doorstep. They will either put a card through your door inviting you to collect the item from your local delivery office, paying the charges in person (Royal Mail), or send you a letter asking you to pay the charges by phone/internet before attempting delivery (ParcelForce). In the latter case, this can add three to five days to the delivery time.

Sometimes you get lucky, and stuff slips in under the radar, but this is increasingly rare unless you ask the sender to falsify the customs declaration (a criminal offence, and a big problem if your watch goes AWOL in transit and you need to make a claim).
    Last edited by Seamaster73; November 4th, 2006 at 16:21.

Wink Re: New Mudman is arrived!

Hi Guys,

Congrats on your new Mudman's. I regularly pay between €30,- and €38,- tax and duties when a watch of me is held in customs. Somehow there is in the Netherlands no line in when a package is hold for inspection. Packages from Japan are often opened, packages from Hong Kong and Singapore rarely. The Delay is around half a week for watches. For clothing (like cycling jerseys), it can take up to 65 days!!! Also Canadian Customs have not a good reputation. My I.C.E.R.C. Fisherman took over 64 days to arrive. I actually had given up hope it ever should arrive.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information