new non atomic qulfman: is time visible in countdown mode?

Thread: new non atomic qulfman: is time visible in countdown mode?

new non atomic qulfman: is time visible in countdown mode?

According to manual casio site ... it's not... that's kinda weird since the module looks similar to one used in new moodman.

If the time is not visible AT LEAST in count down timer mode that would be a great bummer...

Also, if someone with 5600 can give me model number(s) where time is visible in count down timer mode that would be great. I think that only one 5600 has solar and time visible in count down timer mode but can't quite remember which one is it...

Re: new non atomic qulfman: is time visible in countdown mode?

The G-5600 shows the time in countdown mode, but not stopwatch mode.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Tribe, G-5600 is just regular non solar variant right?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by duke4c View Post
    Tribe, G-5600 is just regular non solar variant right?
    No, it's solar.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by duke4c View Post
    According to manual casio site ... it's not... that's kinda weird since the module looks similar to one used in new moodman.

If the time is not visible AT LEAST in count down timer mode that would be a great bummer...

Also, if someone with 5600 can give me model number(s) where time is visible in count down timer mode that would be great. I think that only one 5600 has solar and time visible in count down timer mode but can't quite remember which one is it...
    Hi Duke, the new Gulfman does not show current time in countdown or stopwatch mode. As Tribe stated the G-5600 is solar, shows time in countdown but not stopwatch and has dual time display. It's still hard to beat the DW5600. Another interesting point with the Mudman, it shows current time in stopwatch mode until you start the stopwatch, then that part of the display turns to the hour counter. The time always shows in countdown mode even when running.
    Last edited by mholje; August 23rd, 2007 at 02:14.

Cool Re: new non atomic qulfman: is time visible in countdown mode?

No it does not as the other posters have already stated but there might be a cheat/work around. The Gulfmans functions are very similar to my yellow GL-7500-9vdr. Read more about it here:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=42945

Hopefully it does have a similar function in CDT mode and can then have both time and a form of stopwatch(no 1/100) up to 100 hours showed simultanious.

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    No it does not as the other posters have already stated but there might be a cheat/work around. The Gulfmans functions are very similar to my yellow GL-7500-9vdr. Read more about it here:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=42945

Hopefully it does have a similar function in CDT mode and can then have both time and a form of stopwatch(no 1/100) up to 100 hours showed simultanious.
    That's pretty cool! I'll have to try it out since I have several Gs that show current time in CDT but not in stopwatch mode. Actually, it's not that big a deal for me since I primarily use the CDT, but it's good to know there's a workaround!

I also like the workaround on the DW-6600 to make up for not having a 24 hour CDT. On that model in stopwatch mode, you can set a count up alarm to go off after so many minutes, while the stopwatch keeps running on elapsed time. It works quite well if you need a countdown over 60 minutes. I've not seen another G with that feature.
    Cheers,
    Bruce
    Last edited by BruceS; August 23rd, 2007 at 11:54.
    Wear what you like.

Thread Information