New notches in a resin strap?

Thread: New notches in a resin strap?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New notches in a resin strap?

I have a bunch of G-Shocks that do not fit on my wrist the way that I feel they should. Either the strap is too tight and is cutting off blood flow to my hand, or it's a tad loose, and is sliding around on my wrist. So, what I really need, is to put new notch/hole inbetween two existing ones so its fits me perfectly..

Anyone out there have the same problems? If so, what solutions have you found to this problem? Did you just take a knife and cut a new hole in your strap so it would fit? Or, has anyone found a punch of some kind that will put neat little holes in these straps without boogerin' them up?

Help! :thanks

~Brian

Re: New notches in a resin strap?

my solution is ... just live with it

i fear that putting a hole on the strap bu a knife will eventually shorten the service life of the strap

and also, my wrist size goes up and down depends on my body condition, so i don't think there will ever a perfect fit all the times

and different models got slightly different fit, so you might want to try few different models that you like

If I were to have a go at this (and I wouldn't recommend it) I'd drill at low speed, rather than cut.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    If I were to have a go at this (and I wouldn't recommend it) I'd drill at low speed, rather than cut.
    If I were to have a go at this (and I would if I thought it would help). I would take a drill bit the size of the hole needed. I would roll the drill bit in my thumb and index fingers while pressing in the spot that it needed to be drilled in. It would take a little longer but it would not hurt the resin as much I do not think.

I have done this to drill a hole in the base of my big toe nail when I hit it and blood built up under it. The doctor said I would loose the toe nail because of the blood build up. After drilling the hole the blood came out and the nail was fine. The toe still hurt but the nail was OK.
    Stan The Man

Careful what you wish for. YOU MAY GET IT!!!

I think that I am going to try drilling out a hole. I have a couple of extra Seiko straps laying around that I could try out on first before I did any actually drilling on my resin G straps. Thanks for the idea, tribe125!

I've modified a few resin straps, for the same reason. I didn't make a new hole, but enlarged an existing hole by using one of the larger punches in a rotary hole punch.

More specifically, I took the hole in the strap that fit a little too tight, and enlarged the existing hole on the tag end (not the lug end) of the strap. This made for a perfect fit.

A hole punch works great.

If I had one, I'd definitely use it. Thanks for the idea, Buzz!

Thanks for the comments, Guys!

As Buzzbait suggested, you should use a leather hole punch. These are available at hardware stores.
    I tried one once and it worked well although the hole didn't look the same as the others on the band.

It is annoying when that happens (holes in wrong spots)

Every g-shock I own has this problem. Usually I end up alternating between hole number two and three during the day. Three is too tight.. and two is too loose. Too tight is just uncomfortable and too loose means the watch ends up stuck on my wrist bone, not the center of my wrist where it is suppose to be. With my new gulfman, hole one is almost too tight. But I think that is because the band is too inflexible. If I lay a watch with the band that I wear on hole two or three over the gulfman, they are the same size when compressed. I'm hoping my gulfman will fit better after the band relaxes a bit.

This is why I was excited when I saw the velcro adjustable bands. I just don't know if adapters fit my particular model numbers. I've got to search the forum for that answer.

-Gawain
    Orient: Black Mako (FEM65001BW)
    G-Shock: DW9052-2V, DW56RT-1V, G2500-3V, DW-9700UL-9T, DW-003S, DW-003H-9T, G9000-MX4, DW-004, GW-9200RJ-4JF, G-5500SRF
    Seiko: SKX781 Orange Monster, SNK807 Seiko 5, SUN017P1, SNP105 (incoming)
    Tissot: PRC200
    Other: Stuhrling Skeleton (1070.33161)

"Don't wait for the perfect moment, take this moment and make it perfect."
    ---Dr. Simon Atkins

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one."
    ---Albert Einstein

"The capper is that, like life, golf is a game that can't be won, only played."
    ---Bagger Vance

I have this exact same problem. Usually I can get Casio metal bracelets to fit well, but
    the only G resin strap I've gotten to fit me properly is the GW5600. All the others are too-tight/too-loose. I just live with it. Sometimes I wear it tight, other times loose.

On the Mudman, my current favorite, the little treads on the underside of the case too easily dig into my wrist when I'm wearing it on the slightly-too-tight setting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information