New October Models Just Announced!
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New October Models Just Announced!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Cool New October Models Just Announced!

Here is the link:

ʾ - [G-SHOCK.JP]

No surprises there for us who are in the know. I have no particular desire to anyone of them, liked the September releases much more. The most interesting release are the new 6900's with the new resin molding technique allowing for interesting patterns. But this particular lizard/snake pattern just gives me the shivvers...

Which ones do you like? Will you be getting anyone of them?
    Last edited by Joakim Agren; September 28th, 2012 at 13:22.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Re: New October Models Just Announced!

thanks for the heads up!

my 2 most wanted watches for this year the croc 6900 (black & green) is coming! hope its out Internationally in Oct as well!

those Jason's look cool as well, sucks that they don't release them here.
    Last edited by starscream; September 28th, 2012 at 14:02.

Wow, a custard yellow Jason. I'm not sure what to do with that.

I believe it has fried my circuits. Maybe we can call it the C3-PO?
    Name:  G-001CB-9JF.png
Views: 1151
Size:  174.9 KB

It is actually way cool, but I don't think I could ever wear it.
    Last edited by Robbi Laurenson; September 28th, 2012 at 13:53.
    angrypossum and wuyeah like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nothing there for me, I think I have to come to terms with the fact I don't like any of the new G-Shocks I've seen this year. The only one I thought was a nice design was the Eric Haze GA110, I've liked every G-Shock he's done so far and this was no exception. Unfortunately due to the ridiculous overpricing by ALL retailers selling G-Shock nowadays I won't be getting one. I paid $99 for a BNIB DW5600EH last year and I think that was a fair price, anything more than $150 is just not justifiable to me for a Casio G-Shock. Sorry but it's starting to get a bit silly, if the prices carry on at this pace in 2015 a new basic model G-Shock will be quadruple what they were in 2011. I'm so glad I got the majority of my collecting done last year when prices were fairly reasonable, I would need major financing from a bank to do it this year.
    G-fob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dobber72 View Post
    Nothing there for me, I think I have to come to terms with the fact I don't like any of the new G-Shocks I've seen this year. The only one I thought was a nice design was the Eric Haze GA110, I've liked every G-Shock he's done so far and this was no exception. Unfortunately due to the ridiculous overpricing by ALL retailers selling G-Shock nowadays I won't be getting one. I paid $99 for a BNIB DW5600EH last year and I think that was a fair price, anything more than $150 is just not justifiable to me for a Casio G-Shock. Sorry but it's starting to get a bit silly, if the prices carry on at this pace in 2015 a new basic model G-Shock will be quadruple what they were in 2011. I'm so glad I got the majority of my collecting done last year when prices were fairly reasonable, I would need major financing from a bank to do it this year.
    The GA-110EH retails for 140 Euro here in EU thats about $181 currently. When it releases in the US next month it will retail for $150. So if you are in luck you will be able to get it for $150-$180 price tag. I am a little surprised tough that you do not like the GW-A1000RAF, almost everyone (inlcuding me) is in awe about that model.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Thanks for the scoop! Nothing here for me either ... well the Navy Blue 8900 is nice though...

Interesting the Navy series got the star treatment like the KG series did last year. The 7900 still gets 2 stars, the 5610 still has 4 stars. The 8900 gets the single star like the GXW-56KG did. No 3 star model even though the AWG-M100NV gets no stars...

1 star 8900
    Name:  GW-8900NV-2JF.png
Views: 1138
Size:  164.6 KB

2 star 7900
    Name:  GW-7900NV-2JF.png
Views: 1169
Size:  159.7 KB

4 star 5610
    Name:  GW-M5610NV-2JF.png
Views: 1120
Size:  127.5 KB

No star AWG
    Name:  AWG-M100NV-2AJF.png
Views: 1100
Size:  159.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JonL View Post
    Thanks for the scoop! Nothing here for me either ... well the Navy Blue 8900 is nice though...

Interesting the Navy series got the star treatment like the KG series did last year. The 7900 still gets 2 stars, the 5610 still has 4 stars. The 8900 gets the single star like the GXW-56KG did. No 3 star model even though the AWG-M100NV gets no stars...

1 star 8900
    Name:  GW-8900NV-2JF.png
Views: 1138
Size:  164.6 KB

2 star 7900
    Name:  GW-7900NV-2JF.png
Views: 1169
Size:  159.7 KB

4 star 5610
    Name:  GW-M5610NV-2JF.png
Views: 1120
Size:  127.5 KB

No star AWG
    Name:  AWG-M100NV-2AJF.png
Views: 1100
Size:  159.5 KB
    Interesting observation...

What is the meaning with those stars?

In addition to the C3PO Jason, this is pretty cool as well - and much wearable in my opinion

Name:  G-001CB-1JF.png
Views: 1148
Size:  133.0 KB

I'm kinda with Dobber72 on the new stuff. There's not much that's getting me really excited in the last couple of months, at least not excited enough to pull the trigger.

I guess a big part of it is seeing the ridiculous runup in pricing. It makes me feel betrayed when the asking price clearly eclipses the value that I perceive for that product.

Maybe I'm just getting old :).

Quote Originally Posted by angrypossum View Post
    In addition to the C3PO Jason, this is pretty cool as well - and much wearable in my opinion

Name:  G-001CB-1JF.png
Views: 1148
Size:  133.0 KB
    Even tough I like the Jason model and the black gold combo. I think that on the Jasons there should be some contrast between the mask and the rest of the watch. If this watch had a sparkling gold mask instead of just plain black. Then my heart would be racing all over this model and I would get it as soon as possible. As it is now I think it feels incomplete.
    wuyeah likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information