New piece added to the stable!
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: New piece added to the stable!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New piece added to the stable!

I'm Gilbert, been a Casio fan since I had my first watch at around 7-8 years old, a 20 dollar F105 illuminator that my dad gave me. My second, a Casio CA53W-1 that my mom gave me and finally a Databank DBC30 that I found many moons ago (i currently own neither of those). My current two watches were both gifts from my soon to be fiancee. They are rather simple mall watches. One is a blingy Guess watch that's analog (dead). The other is a Blue banded, digital, negative display with no light Kenneth Cole (also dead). I recently informed my younger brother I'd be buying him a watch (he's had gimmicky children's watches in the past) for his 13th birthday. Immediately, he requested a G-SHOCK. Not really a surprise there but I was happy to hear it. Needless to say, I also want to buy my first G at the same time. So in the interest of the two of us having matching G's and being our first, I've decided to purchase a pair of DW5600E's I'll be buying them within the next week or two and will be posting pictures when I get them.

I'll also be using this thread to post any future purchases. LET THE MADNESS BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a list of what I hope to be purchasing in the future:

1: DW5600E1V (x)
    2: DW5600MS1
    3: GD3501B
    4: GX56GB
    5: F105
    6: DW5600C
    7: GWM56001JF
    8: GWM5600BCJF
    9: G5600RB1JF
    10: GX561A
    11: M5610BC1JF
    12: GWS5600B1JF
    13: GWM5630D1JR
    14: G5600E
    15: GXW561BJF (x)
    16: GW50001JF

I'll add more as I find more favorites, LOL.
    Last edited by Gil_MkIII; October 22nd, 2013 at 02:46. Reason: Added new model to my list

Re: Introducing myself to the G-SHOCK world

Hey welcome Gil Mk lll
    Gil_MkIII likes this.

The DW-5600 is an excellent choice. It is really user friendly with time visible in stopwatch and countdown mode, repeating countdown timer, return to home screen after using a certain mode and elaborate alarms (not just daily) which is actually loud enough to be of use. All functions most of the other G-shocks don't have and certainly not all in one watch.
    The longer I'm in to G-shocks the more I'm leaning towards the notion that the DW-5600 might very well be the best of the bunch.

Welcome to the forum.
    Gil_MkIII likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by captain kid View Post
    The DW-5600 is an excellent choice. It is really user friendly with time visible in stopwatch and countdown mode, repeating countdown timer, return to home screen after using a certain mode and elaborate alarms (not just daily) which is actually loud enough to be of use. All functions most of the other G-shocks don't have and certainly not all in one watch.
    The longer I'm in to G-shocks the more I'm leaning towards the notion that the DW-5600 might very well be the best of the bunch.

Welcome to the forum.
    Thanks Captain Kid and ShockZone
    rolandw likes this.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Welcome to the forum, Gil.

The world of G-Shock watches is immense. There are so many models and even more cosmetic variations within each model line, that it can become a bit overwhelming. The typical cycle is to buy a number of different models and then wear them for a while to find which ones work best. Then later on, sell off what don't end up getting much wrist time... unless you decide to become an accumulator/collector and hold onto all of them, as many of us here have done. What you may also find is that your tastes evolve over time. I see you're very attracted to the 5600 series squares. Well, it is a respectable heritage line for the CASIO G-Shock, enough that some very exclusive models have been made in it. And even still, there's the aspect of customization. Since the 5600 series has had so many variants, you can buy resin parts from different models and combine them to make your own version. Some people have even gone to the trouble of popping out the crystal and putting in a different one.

Btw, I wrote a "getting started" tutorial that you may want to check out. Just for a little extra info.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Xevious, thanks for the welcome and that link. For reasons unexplained, I've always found an attraction towards the original style G's.

Welcome!
    Gil_MkIII likes this.

Introducing myself to the G-SHOCK world

Warm welcome Gil and yes we're looking forward to your pictures
    Last edited by Deepsea_dweller; October 11th, 2013 at 05:18.
    Gil_MkIII likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
    Welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepsea_dweller View Post
    Warm welcome Gil and yes we're looking forward to your pictures
    Thank you gentlemen.

I'm officially "Shocked"

Got my G today, The venerable DW5600EV1. A classic in its own right. It's simple and to the point. No frills, just work, in an easy to use and nice looking case. If you don't have one, get one.

Last edited by Gil_MkIII; October 28th, 2013 at 08:46.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information