The new Riseman Pictures!

Thread: The new Riseman Pictures!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The new Riseman Pictures!

Hey gents. I borrowed a tester today from the local weather station to do a little Riseman comparison with. So far so good after about 4 days with the new Riseman. Still loving the look and feel. The Meteorologist on staff said that he was amazed at the accuracy of a barometer that costs so little. LOL, he went on Amazon so that I could point it out then he hit the buy button before I left the building. The Riseman was also spot on with the National Weather Service gear that they had in the building.

So far so good and loving the Riseman!Name:  DSCN0725.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  134.5 KB

Name:  DSCN0728.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  121.9 KB

Name:  DSCN0754.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  53.7 KB

Name:  DSCN0755.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  40.1 KB

Re: The new Riseman Pictures!

Thats awesome! Good to know, I had an inkling, I have all of my ABC watches and a Forester with Barometer function set by my Riseman.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Great product testimonial

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice photos !

Hey thanks guys! You know it's actually hard for me to explain how well that this thing fits. It looks much smaller in person than in pictures. Even in the ones that I just took.

Well, if a qualified meteorologist said so...

Eat your heart out, Riseman haters!
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

Yeah I have read posts from a couple of people that really seem to voice their dislike for the Riseman. I just don't get it? With all of the functions and even just the basic module I honestly don't understand why people shell out almost if not the same for other models that offer much less. I guess the Riseman has kind of a nitch but I bet that if more people could see the Riseman in person and try it on they would sell a lot more. This thing really is a cool looking watch. I do like this particular Riseman model the best I think but like all of my other G's I would change a couple of things. The silver sensor sticker.....and the silver light button. I would have made those black. I really like the red circle and the red altimeter button however.

The only other G that I think is better to look at is my Mudman 9000ms. My goodness that thing is just the best looking G that I have ever seen. Make that 9000ms atomic/solar and I would by 5 of them! LOL almost every time I post I talk about the 9000ms. That has got to be the coolest looking G that I have ever seen. Riseman second ascetically but functionally the Rise rocks the house! I want to love the atomic Gulfman but just don't feel it without the tide gauge and all that silver. I will take a look at the new black Gulfman when it comes out but to bump the mudman or riseman out would amaze me. But hey I am open to any G that can do that any day of the week! Just gives me an excuse to buy it:)

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Yeah I have read posts from a couple of people that really seem to voice their dislike for the Riseman. I just don't get it?
    well then i might help you to understand.

when i still had my riseman, (basic)functions-wise there was not much to complain about. after all it is one of the very rare casios which shows current time in all relevant modes. the el-backlight is too short with 1.5 seconds and the alti/baro function on mine wasn't thermocompensated, which gave unnecessary drifts up/downwards. it works well enough as long as temperature is kept stable, but once values go up or down rapidely, not so good anymore. make the watch match to a meteorologic station in a normal environment is easy and the watch is expected to work as yours did. however, i wonder if you set yours to sea pressure as this is usually the value professionals work with...

i could have lived with those shortcomings, knowing them before the purchase and would probably still have the watch but contrary to your opinion...

I really like the red circle and the red altimeter button however.
    ...i just couldn't stand the red A/B circle and the red alti button. I much like the silver circle on the orange model and even better the ice-blue circle on the white model but red isn't just my colour, so i had to sell it.

The only other G that I think is better to look at is my Mudman 9000ms.
    i have a G-9000-3V myself that was former olive green, but i dyed it black. looks-wise the negative dsiplay is certainly pretty good looking, the legibility however is pretty poor and even worse on your MS.

My goodness that thing is just the best looking G that I have ever seen. Make that 9000ms atomic/solar and I would by 5 of them!
    if casio made the G-9000 atomic/solar, it wouldn't be that watch it is. too many compromises would have been made, too many functions cropped, no i think it is just fine the way it is. oh and by the way: if you are so exited about the G-9000, you should definitely give the G-7900 series a try. for me the best g-shock available today and with all functions of a G-9000 and a G-9100 (gulfman) minus the hard to press buttons (big plus). and if you think the G-9000MS looks cool, i bet you would immediately freeze by the stunning appearance of the GW-7900B stealth-all-black

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Woa! Settle down big boy I think that we need to remember that we are talking about a 140.00 watch here and not the space shuttle I totally respect you opinion Cal and thank you. Yeah that is an awesome watch so thanks for the suggestion. I tried the 7900's on but on my 7 inch wrist I just couldn't pull it off. As for the 9000ms? yeah I know but I was just dreaming out loud. I could do with the Rally module functions on the ms but with the reverse display.

Thanks again for your suggestions Cal I have read a lot of your posts and respect your opinions.
    Last edited by thegrants82; July 13th, 2010 at 09:07.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Woa! Sttle down big boy
    trust me, i am settled. you didn't understand why not everybody is hunky-dory about the riseman, i gave one explanation.

I think that we need to remember that we are talking about a 140.00 watch here and not the space shuttle
    people often confuse price with quality. no, the riseman isn't a bad watch at all for 140 bucks, but you would be surprised what kind of precise ABC watches with an outstanding level of accuracy you would get for even half that price.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information