New stainless steel screwback, battery powered, black square made in Japan?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crater

Thread: New stainless steel screwback, battery powered, black square made in Japan?

nj1

Question New stainless steel screwback, battery powered, black square made in Japan?

Specifically, one with the white and blue lettering ala the 5600c and e. Do any of you G-shock experts reckon Casio will re-release the dw5600c, basically the 5600e with metal case and milled screwback? Even at $150-199 I reckon they'd sell a ton of them. I'm a little tired of all the special editions (though the 5030c was nice) and would like a higher quality longterm workhorse option on mass sale alongside the 5600e.

Any insight as to Casio's thought process welcomed and apologies if this question has been asked before.
    GW-5000 : DW-5030C : DW-5600C : GW-5600J : DW-5600E

Re: New stainless steel screwback, battery powered, black square made in Japan?

It's hard to tell, they aren't easy to predict, Casio people.

I'm not very optimistic about it, I think they are keeping square screwbacks now for limited and special (expensive) editions, days of affordable screwback 5600s are gone...

5030c was pretty affordable at around $160 though. If they released a standard model at this price it would sell great.

We do need something... GW-5000 for more modern approach to square and now we need a standard DW square, no anniversary or limited edition.
    idkfa likes this.

nj1

Re: New stainless steel screwback, battery powered, black square made in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by Crater View Post
    It's hard to tell, they aren't easy to predict, Casio people.

I'm not very optimistic about it, I think they are keeping square screwbacks now for limited and special (expensive) editions, days of affordable screwback 5600s are gone...

5030c was pretty affordable at around $160 though. If they released a standard model at this price it would sell great.

We do need something... GW-5000 for more modern approach to square and now we need a standard DW square, no anniversary or limited edition.
    Thanks for the input, Crater. You make some great points and unfortunately I think you're right that it's special editions only for now. As you say, if only they'd make a non-solar non-waveceptor version of the GW-5000, without those feature and without dlc I'm sure it would be half the price. We can dream...
    GW-5000 : DW-5030C : DW-5600C : GW-5600J : DW-5600E

Thread Information