A new sub-forum for FAQs

Thread: A new sub-forum for FAQs

A new sub-forum for FAQs

A member asked whether it would be possible to provide a 'sticky' for frequently-asked questions. The idea was that members who are able to answer a frequently-asked question contribute both question and answer.

The moderators have decided to create a sub-forum rather than a stickied thread because it is easier to search through thread titles than posts.

Posts containing amendments or updates may also be posted. These will be incorporated into the original post, either by the original poster or the moderators, and then deleted.

Post away!
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Re: A new sub-forum for FAQs

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    A member asked whether it would be possible to provide a 'sticky' for frequently-asked questions. The idea was that members who are able to answer a frequently-asked question contribute both question and answer.

The moderators have decided to create a sub-forum rather than a stickied thread because it is easier to search through thread titles than posts.

Posts containing amendments or updates may also be posted. These will be incorporated into the original post, either by the original poster or the moderators, and then deleted.

Post away!
    ABT= about ****** time
    Last edited by DragonJade; September 4th, 2009 at 15:23. Reason: language

Cool idea. While changes are being made...can there be some cleanup in the Articles section? Most of the things posted there aren't articles at all, but rather general questions that should be in the main forum. Even worse, I've tried to answer some of them, but then am told my reply needs to be approved, which never happens.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

to the mods, thank you for continuing to improve this corner of the net!

i see the wisdom in having a sub forum so that the titles can be easily scanned.

i notice that at least one sticky has been cleaned up from the main forum: thank you.

i have some additional thoughts. there are two stickies in the main forum called 'resources file' and 'casio parts list'. the resource file sticky could be branched out into individual topics in the faq forum labeled: "what are some handy g-shock links?" "what does the model number of my watch mean?" "is there a green and pink chart of water resistance applications?" and the 'casio parts list' thread could be cleaned up and made into a faq topic called "what is the part number of ___ and where can i order it?"

and to be honest, the 'how to' and 'articles' have a lot of cross over. 'how to set your tidegraph' sounds like a faq, so does 'how to change a battery'. maybe the 'how to' forum can be combed for dead links and combined with the faq sub forum.

the articles is similar, i.e. there's another tidegraph thread, another parts locating thread, a manual thread for one module when even better would be an umbrella thread with pointers to riley, casio world and casio japan's manuals, etc.

thanks for mulling this over. :thanks

"It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

I think we need a subforum for new releases as well. This way casual visitors have a way to see what's new.
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

Thread Information