New Watch Casio Gulfman G-9100-1ER
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New Watch Casio Gulfman G-9100-1ER

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Watch Casio Gulfman G-9100-1ER

Hi all,

(boring life story part first, skip if you want to...)

I think I have found a G-Shock I am finally happy with . I've had a number of G-Shocks (DW-9000, DW-5600, DW-6900, G-2000, DW-5000SL) but was never really happy with any of them. The DW-9000 which i bought 2nd hand off Ebay was nice, but it was too worn (strap, bezel etc.). The DW-5600 was a solid package but I didn't get on with the screen's contrast and it just felt a little too Mr Jack Boring for me. The DW-6900 was quite nice but, again, like the DW-5600 just was a bit too old and wasn't modern enough. It was also a tad too large for comfort for my wrist. The G-2000 is a great great great watch but it was too much for my needs and the metal case actually made it feel slightly heavy. I think I prefer resin cases now because of this, even though metal cases are of course stronger. The DW-5000SL was like the DW-5600 but with a metal case, so a really nicely constructed watch but a just bit too bland.

I individually sold them all off eventually. Enter the Gulfman .

I've got to say I chose this model more over looks than features (otherwise I would have got a classic DW-9052 due to the better stopwatch and timer). I thought to myself, well how often do I use these features nowadays... so I went on looks and other criteria.

I recently moved to Barcelona where we have the sea on our doorstep and loads of mountains around. Perfect for swimming, biking and hiking! Maybe the Pathfinder is the best watch for all of these but at the moment I can't afford the model I want, and I don't know if I could wear such a big watch all the time. The G-Shock is a good compromise, plus everyone should have at least one G-Shock, right ?

Ok, so for swimming and sports (which I do a lot of), I could get an automatic diver... but then I thought for toughness and reliability the G-Shock was the way to go. I have a Timex Ironman, but I whacked it on my bike and in the gym a few times recently, and I just know the protruding plasticy buttons and screen aren't going to like that if I continue. The G-Shocks are tougher hands down! Diver out of the window, Timex takes a time-out for the moment.

Ok, so I bought the Gulfman for it's rust resistant properties, it's lightness, the water resistance (Iromman watches for the most part have 100m resistance) it's toughness and it's looks. These give me more confidence when I do the activities I'm going to do with this watch

In terms of looks I think it looks great. Not in-your-face but with some wrist presence. I like the screen compared to the classic models - better contrast and I prefer the fonts used. I also like it how the screen and buttons are recessed as not to be hit as often (although I was expecting the buttons to be more recessed).

The rest is typical G-Shock. Nice wide strap which is resonably thick. It's very light due to the titanium (a bonus for sport) and it feels balanced on the wrist. It feels strong and I think it will serve me well .

I think it's a nice looking watch which has the features I need at the moment and the toughness and water resistance is there for whenever I need it. I'll probably get a high end Pathfinder eventually (2 or 3 hundred bucks), because the cheaper Pathfinders just aren't what I'm looking for.

Back in the G-Shock club as well ! Here are some picures from my mobile :

Thanks. Post yours if you want to. All are welcome :thanks!
    slicknickns likes this.

Re: New Watch Casio Gulfman G-9100-1ER

awesome watch! Im waiting on the solar/atomic version...
    GLX5600-1
    GW9100-1

Nice!!!! Next on my hit list is the GW9100-1 Gulfman Solar Atomic. Just looking for a good price
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I really don't like the middle part of the gulfman.

Nice shots.

My Gulfman (atomic) is coming this week!!! WOOT

Great watch, and well chosen. It will serve you well. Enjoy it in great health.

Cheers. Yea it's a tool watch for me but hope to have some good experiences together. Want to go diving with it as well soon . Pictures to follow from the beach .

I agree the Gulfman is a handsome watch. I love mine. Congrats on your purchase.

Hi Claud,

congrats to your Gulfman
    For me, it has one of the best combinations of functionality.

- SNZ-Alarm and Alarm to a specific date (not seen often)
    - 24hr STW
    - 24hr TMR with auto repeat
    - Moon & Tide ...etc.

Mine says hello..

Greets,

Matt

My only complain, though minor, is that it only has 2 alarms. I use the alarms on my G for reminders.

Btw, what bezel is that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information