New watch. At last! :)
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Widz
  • 2 Post By MCZK
  • 1 Post By Rocat

Thread: New watch. At last! :)

New watch. At last! :)

Hello all, hope youre well.

Ive had my Riseman for 4.5years now and I know its alien to many of you, but its been my only watch. Worn daily and all the time for exercise; swimming, assault courses, martial arts. Its had a hard life. Many ties Ive lusted after and intended to buy another special edition one and then didnt due to the cost and not being able to justify it. Plus of course there were other features I wanted....

Well finally those features have been incorporated into a new model and today Im a very lucky owner. My girlfriend saw how excited I was so has bought it for me as an early xmas present would you believe

So, photos below;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x34zh7l62q...2012.23.20.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vrchvx0x4f...2012.35.12.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6y0ojqcwk9...12.44.32-1.jpg

Questions;

I havent been on the forum as much this year and am not up to speed. My watch doesnt have Carbon Fiber on the lower strap, but Triple Sensor. It says 1er model on the tag, with just gw9400 and Made in Thailand on the caseback. It also has the red ring on the sensor and the metal strap keeper. I was expecting the Japan model and for it to come in a box with Carbon Fiber written on the watch. I bought from a German Ebay seller with 100% Feedback and to add to my confusion the Watchhut site in the UK lists the 1ER version with a picture of the Rangeman with Carbon Fiber written on the front??

Can anyone explain?

Thanks and Ill be enjoying the new watch.
    gripmaster likes this.
    ONLY EVER OWNED G-SHOCKS...

Re: New watch. At last! :)

Hey, congrats on your new Rangeman.

The Japanese version with the CF strap is the GW-9400J-1JF. The version you bought is the international version (in this case, the European market version indicated by the ER suffix). Other than the CF strap and different boxes the rest of the watch is identical. Enjoy it, it's a great watch. It hasn't left my wrist since I got it.

Widz,

You definitely have a special watch there, enjoy!
    gripmaster likes this.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cant see the pictures, but bravo! Good choice, and thats from someone who is currently superglued to the DHL tracking site to follow the whereabouts of a package from also a german ebay shop...
    Have fun for at least another 4,5 years with the monster!

You definitely have a worthy replacement for the Riseman, no matter which version Rangeman. Congrats on an excellent choice!

Hi Widz. Awesome choice indeed. Congrats & enjoy the watch. MCZK explained it perfectly. Well done.

Cool, thanks for the congrats and the explanation. Found a couple pics of other forum members with the same and I actually wanted another tin lol. They're smart and handy :)
    ONLY EVER OWNED G-SHOCKS...

Thread Information