New watch wanted!

Thread: New watch wanted!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New watch wanted!

The last watch I purchased was a G-Shock DW-9050, all the way back in the year 2000. It's still going strong, but I've finally decided it's time for a change.

I really don't have a great knowledge of watches in general, and usually just simply go on looks, so I've been tempted by the AWG-101-1AER. I've been searching through the forums, and this watch hasn't been mentioned too many times. I know it's all a matter of personal taste, but can anyone give me feedback about this watch, or recommend other G-Shock watches at a similar price?

Thanks for your time.

Re: New watch wanted!

the AWG-101 has a great look to it. but it has some usability concerns with the hands blocking the display and the light isnt sufficient for night-time use.

if you are willing to consider a digital-only model, the most popular recommendations around here are the dw-6900 or the gw-m5600. good luck!!
    Last edited by collector8400; June 21st, 2008 at 13:44.

heres a link suggested by Vintage.

http://www.g-shock.de/euro/lineup/awg-101-1aer/

its a virtual wrist test

anyhow as u can see in the pictures, the digi part is relatively small. as collector8400 said, the ana can block the view of the digi.

i have the gw1500 ana-dogo and heres a few pics for ur reference.

if the AWG is not ur style anymore, let us know wat ure looking for. whether its:

1) analog
    2) digital
    3) ana-digi
    4) atomic solar (usually both goes together)

good luck !!!!
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

there really should be an option for arm hair on that virtual wrist page

Welcome to the forum, Red Devil.

I'm not sure, but it seems to me you like G-Shock ana-digi models. That is a very large range of models, versions, functions and prices.

In this case I will recommend you the AW591CL-1JF from the C-Spec series, a relatively new model. It's an standard G-Shock, no solar/atomic as the one you mentioned; but it's a good looking model with useful functions like analog and digital timekeeping (which can double as a second time zone), world time, chronograph, timer and alarms:

You can find this model on eBay for a good price.

Red Devil,

Welcome to the G-Shock forum. Spend some time here. Read posts. Look at pictures. Over time you will learn that one G is never enough. You will see another, and another, and another, etc. That will hit the spot, and you will HAVE to buy it.

I know it is hard to accept, but resistance is futile.

Also, never be afraid to ask questions, or woory about us and our time. We all have plenty of G's, and therefore plenty of time!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil 26 View Post
    The last watch I purchased was a G-Shock DW-9050, all the way back in the year 2000. It's still going strong, but I've finally decided it's time for a change.

I really don't have a great knowledge of watches in general, and usually just simply go on looks, so I've been tempted by the AWG-101-1AER. I've been searching through the forums, and this watch hasn't been mentioned too many times. I know it's all a matter of personal taste, but can anyone give me feedback about this watch, or recommend other G-Shock watches at a similar price?

Thanks for your time.
    WhtShadow

Current Collection
    Casio 'non-G' 83QS-41, DW-1500, OAW-100TDJ, PAW-1300T,
    G-Shock GW-M5600, GW-800D, MTG-1000G,
    Bulova Accutron 214, Omega SMP 2232.80, Omega SMP 2255.80, Ball Engineer M Challenger, Traser Auto Pro,
    Seiko SDWB61, SNA139, SKA389, SKA296, Momentum Cobalt V Lite, Orient Mako Blue, Orient Mako USA 2 White,
    Victorinox (Swiss Army) Ground Force 60/60, Base Camp Ti

Really appreciate all your help, there's just so many to choose from. This is a lot harder than I initially anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil 26 View Post
    Really appreciate all your help, there's just so many to choose from. This is a lot harder than I initially anticipated.

Red i have a awg 100 i like it i had not worn it for over a week until yesterday. i turned it over. it was asleep and watched the hands start to move until they caught up with the correct time. i thought it was very cool. as most people here will tell you g shocks are not that espensive so get a couple have fun and welcome

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

I just splashed out on a new AWG 101 this week (my last new G for a few months I think!).

Have to say that I'm impressed. The syncing has been perfect so far. Solar power is nice as always.

The digital screens can be obscured by the analogue hands but in fairness they are still useable.

Its nice to have a tough (and tough-looking) analogue casual-style watch with atomic time, solar, stopwatch and alarm.

My only criticism would be night time use. The markings on the hands lose their glow pretty quickly and I much prefer EL over LED light. No bother actualy seeing the time though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I also own the 101 and it's one of my favorites, only concern is that the hands can block the displays, but if you're really in for all the gizmos, don't buy a ana/digi anyway.

There are some people who problems with the light, but not here: only the hands fade fairly quick, but the light is more than sufficient.

It syncs and charges just perfect and is a very good alternative for a 'normal' analog watch but with a lot of cool functions.

My vote: go for it!
    Tempus omnia revelat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information