I'm new to posting in these forums but I have been reading them for a while now. I have a few G's for work and play and I've just Ebay'ed a pair for my 10yr old son and I. Kind of a father/son thing. He's been bitten by the watch bug already. I got a MTG-920DA 1v and he got a MTG-900DA 9v. He likes silver and I prefer black. Anyway....my question is about his g-shock. It isn't holding a charge. The battery indicator was reading medium charge level and it died last saturday. I placed it in the sun for about 2hrs and the level went back to med. He came home from school today and told me it needed charging again because the display went blank. I placed it under a desk lamp and about 15 min and the display came back on and it read med battery level again. I read another thread about changing the rechargeable battery and it answered a few questions but the question I have is this: Does a dirty watch face effect charging? He is, after all a 10yr old boy and dirt is part of his life. The watch was covered in smudge marks around the solar receptor. I turned on the sleep function and turned off the auto-el when it died the 1st time. Has anyone had similar problems ?
Do I need to let the charge build up longer and keep the face clean, or is the battery a lost cause? Any advise will be greatly appreciated.