newbie asking infos

Thread: newbie asking infos

newbie asking infos

Hi guys, I´m new here and I would like to ask you something which isn´t clear to me after some research: is the PAW 1300-3V to be considered a G-Shock watch? And if not are there G-Shock models with a compass and the other features of the PAW 1300? Thank you

Re: newbie asking infos

Hi there. Protreks and Pathfinders aren't G-Shocks.

Only one current G-Shock has similar features - the GW-9200 Riseman. It has a twin sensor to measure altitude, barometric pressure and temperature, but doesn't have a compass.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by grifo View Post
    Hi guys, I´m new here and I would like to ask you something which isn´t clear to me after some research: is the PAW 1300-3V to be considered a G-Shock watch? And if not are there G-Shock models with a compass and the other features of the PAW 1300? Thank you
    As Tribe said, the PAW1300 is a Protrek/Pathfinder and not a G-Shock. The closest Pathfinder to the G-Shock is the PAW-1500 which is 200m water-resistant.

My guess is that it's nigh-on impossible to make an electronic compass that would survive the vibrations that a G-Shock would.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome.

Yep, they're not technically G-Shocks, but they're still part of the family around here.

Quote Originally Posted by JokerNJ View Post
    As Tribe said, the PAW1300 is a Protrek/Pathfinder and not a G-Shock. The closest Pathfinder to the G-Shock is the PAW-1500 which is 200m water-resistant.

My guess is that it's nigh-on impossible to make an electronic compass that would survive the vibrations that a G-Shock would.
    There is one G-Shock that has an electronic compass and thermometer and that is the DW-9800 Wademan that was part of the old masters series. The Wademan is perhaps the biggest G-shock ever with a width of 56mm and is to date the only G-Shock ever with a rotatable bezel ring!

But it did not have Alti/Baro. The models with Alti/Baro was DW-6500 SkyForce (No thermometer) DW-6700 SkyForce (With thermometer) DW-9100 Riseman and G/GW-9200 Riseman (G only solar GW solar atomic).

The Pathfinders/Protreks are not G-Shock tough but still they are pretty tough and can handle abuse. The toughest ones are the PRG-80 and PRG-40 (PAG-40/PAG-80), PRW-1100/PAW-1100(solar atomic PRG-80) closely followed by the PAW-1500 (PRW-1500) and non atomic version PRG-130.

The PAW-1300 are less tough and G-Shock like then the ones mentioned above but still considered tough enough for outdoor use.

Casio never manufactures fragile pieces.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Thank you all for the answers and the welcome you gave me, it was very helpful. I later made up my mind for a PAW1300A-1V which I found at a good price.

Although technically they aren't G Shocks like the guys above said, I think many people lust after them just the same and think of them as being in the same category. I personally love the PAW-1500 and 1300 as much as any G Shock and hope to have one soon.

Thread Information