Newbie: Finally bought my G-Shock - now some ?'s

Thread: Newbie: Finally bought my G-Shock - now some ?'s

Newbie: Finally bought my G-Shock - now some ?'s

BEfore the crash, I got advice on a GShock from you guys, and wound up buying the GW-1310A-2AV from ebay...
    So far, I really like it. There are a few things I would change on it, but overall, I'm very pleased.

Here's my questions:

About the solar - Can it be overcharged? It came in with the charge bar in the "mid" range, and I set it in the sun, and it charged to full, and has never gone down since. Is there annything to worry about on charging it?

Analog / Digital synchronization - It looks like my analog hand(s) may be just a bit off from my digital. Isn't the atomc sync supposed to push those guys to be perfectly sync'ed? What about if I manually try to get them sync'ed? Is this a good idea?

Thnaks in advance for the help...

Re: Newbie: Finally bought my G-Shock - now some ?'s

Well, I don't know about the Analog/Digital synchronization, but you can't overcharge Tough Solar watches -- they have a feature [for lack of a better word... mechanism?] that prevents that, so your watch should be fine.

Wink Re: Newbie: Finally bought my G-Shock - now some ?'s

Hi Telrod,

I think you must try manually set the hands once. After that they must sync time always.

About overcharging. When it's solar cell catches light, a electic potential is created, just a little bit higher than the maximum battery output potential. If the battery isn't full, the current that automaticly starts when there is light, will charge the battery. If the battery is full the current will go through the battery, but not charge further. You also can't overcharge your car's battery. Although it looks different and uses another electrolytic equilibrium (Pb2+/Pb4+) , the basic process is still the same.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I had a GW 1500 and I put it near a window and activated the waveceptor feature. The hands then were in sync with the digital display.

The hands should be in perfect sync with the digital read out if its an atomic model!

it won't over charge

but becareful and don't set the watch under the sun and over heat the watch :-D

if the analog hands and digital clock is out of synch, there should be a hand set function for you to manually synch the hands and clock

it should be stated in the manual

Thanks all...

Thread Information