newbie needs help w/EL

Thread: newbie needs help w/EL

Question newbie needs help w/EL

I got the 2300b Thanks to you'all but how do I check the EL functionality? Whats the trigger? BTW did a cursory search first.

Re: newbie needs help w/EL

Quote Originally Posted by jbaca View Post
    I got the 2300b Thanks to you'all but how do I check the EL functionality? Whats the trigger? BTW did a cursory search first.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean? The EL backlight activates by pressing the middle button, located just below the display.

If you mean the auto EL, you press and hold the bottom-right button until it beeps, and 'auto' appears on the display. It's then triggered by angling the watch toward your face.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

"If you mean the auto EL, you press and hold the bottom-right button until it beeps, and 'auto' appears on the display. It's then triggered by angling the watch toward your face."

Only in the dark. If it's dim light the EL might stay off.

As for manually activating the EL, press the G button.
    SPROING!!!!

(oops! Time for a new watch!)

Quote Originally Posted by cdude View Post
    Only in the dark. If it's dim light the EL might stay off.
    I hadn't noticed that, as I only have auto on in poor light. Mine works in a lit room, but I notice it's hit and miss. This must be why.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Wink Re: newbie needs help w/EL

Hi Lexx,

That's why it's called Full Auto-Illuminator It will only work under a certain light level. I think it's a pretty smart feature, already introduced with the Raysman, the first Tough Solar model. Inside a house it can be much darker than your eyes tell you. I think in my house the Auto-EL probably will work during a cloudy day.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

After a little playing around, I've noticed it's working when starting from a position facing away from the light source. Well, there's a nice (extra) feature I didn't realise I had. Do any auto ELs work regardless of lighting, or are they all like this?

"After a little playing around, I've noticed it's working when starting from a position facing away from the light source. Well, there's a nice (extra) feature I didn't realise I had. Do any auto ELs work regardless of lighting, or are they all like this?"

The only auto ELs I've seen that do this are solars. Regular battery models with auto EL have no way of knowing if it's bright or dark out so they always come on.
    SPROING!!!!

(oops! Time for a new watch!)

Thread Information