newbie question about atomic signal in Europe

Thread: newbie question about atomic signal in Europe

newbie question about atomic signal in Europe

I will be in London in a month and I'm looking to buy a GW M5600-1ER wich has radio signal capabilities almost all over the world..

Ok here is the scenario : buy the watch in London and get the UK signal,then after 3 days in London we will take the Eurostar to Paris and.....will I get the CET signal ??? How does that operate ?? Is that another frequency ??

thanks for your replies..

Re: newbie question about atomic signal in Europe

hi. the atomic signal is sent as utc. the receiving watch has to be programed with the user's utc offset (timezone).

you'll buy the watch in the uk and set your home city to london. it will sync to the uk signal. then you'll travel to paris. without doing anything, your watch will sync to either the german or uk signal, and be an hour off. you could either change your home city to paris (easiest if you'll be a few days or want to use alarms), or you can scroll your world time to paris.

is that explanation clear? :thanks
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Re: newbie question about atomic signal in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by a-Tom-ic View Post
    hi. the atomic signal is sent as utc. the receiving watch has to be programed with the user's utc offset (timezone).

you'll buy the watch in the uk and set your home city to london. it will sync to the uk signal. then you'll travel to paris. without doing anything, your watch will sync to either the german or uk signal, and be an hour off. you could either change your home city to paris (easiest if you'll be a few days or want to use alarms), or you can scroll your world time to paris.

is that explanation clear? :thanks
    Clear,nice and easy. And a lot easier than I've tought !!!

Thread Information