Newly acquired PRG -270B
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Newly acquired PRG -270B

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Newly acquired PRG -270B

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share a few random clicks on my new Protrek PRG-270B. A big thanks to Sedi to help me decide on this model

Will be posting more pics shortly.....
    alexs12, brvheart, Rocat and 2 others like this.

Re: Newly acquired PRG -270B

Congrats! Big digits are always a plus. But why not pick one with the ver3 sensor ?
    Ash1979 likes this.

Great watch ---- like the nylon band. It does have v.3 sensor; all it lacks from the PRW version is radio time synch, possibly not much use at OP's location, and in any case probably not worth doubling the price of the watch.
    Ash1979 and alexs12 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

if it is ver3 then for sure its better than the prw3000. IMO the bezel on the 3000 is a scratch magnet.
    alexs12 likes this.

Congrats Ash! Nice that I was an influence in your decision. It's IMO still one of the best current models from Casio - especially considering the bang-for-the-buck-factor. Wearing mine right now. I also just did a little "test" of the altimeter - visited my sister who lives about 300m higher than we do - used the TrekLog feature when going there - then 3 days later I used the last stored altitude to recalibrate - when returning home the altimeter was spot on. And after wearing it almost eclusively for a half year it still shows little signs of wear - the bezel looks pristine - only the the stylized "lugs" (those exposed plastic pieces at the "330", "30", "150" and "210" positions) got shiny from wear.
    Enjoy it in good health!

cheers, Sedi
    Ash1979, alexs12 and brvheart like this.
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Congrats Ash! Nice that I was an influence in your decision. It's IMO still one of the best current models from Casio - especially considering the bang-for-the-buck-factor. Wearing mine right now. I also just did a little "test" of the altimeter - visited my sister who lives about 300m higher than we do - used the TrekLog feature when going there - then 3 days later I used the last stored altitude to recalibrate - when returning home the altimeter was spot on. And after wearing it almost eclusively for a half year it still shows little signs of wear - the bezel looks pristine - only the the stylized "lugs" (those exposed plastic pieces at the "330", "30", "150" and "210" positions) got shiny from wear.
    Enjoy it in good health!

cheers, Sedi
    Thanks Sedi !!! I was so confused between the G-9300 and the PRG-270 as both were around the same price but you helped me choose so Thanks once again for your suggestions and the pics....I am very happy and content going with the PRG-270.... This is my first Protrek.... and i really like the big digits on it and the comfy Cordura Strap and alarm tone is pretty audible too.....

Quote Originally Posted by Icosahedron View Post
    Great watch ---- like the nylon band. It does have v.3 sensor; all it lacks from the PRW version is radio time synch, possibly not much use at OP's location, and in any case probably not worth doubling the price of the watch.
    Thanks! the Cordura band is very comfy and the inside of the band is water resistant to a good extent ( left one end of the band soaked in water for about and hour just to see how much water it absorbs) it was pretty impressed to see that it did not absorb too much water... Regarding the atomic sync I don't care much as in India there is no Atomic Clock....
    starscream likes this.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Congrats, looks much better than the standard model with positive display, but how is the legibility? And what colour does the backlight have? (that means I require a nightshot )

cheers
    alexs12 and Rocat like this.
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    Congrats, looks much better than the standard model with positive display, but how is the legibility? And what colour does the backlight have? (that means I require a nightshot )

cheers
    Thanks! The LCD of the watch is pretty legible under fluorescent lighting and the Dual LED lights up the LCD pretty well but i feel that the LCD doesn't look as bright as the one with the regular display. That could be due to the light olive tint on the LCD. Will post a few more pics of it with the NightShot Pic

The PRG270 has become one of my favorite models--lots to like about it--have this model and the bracelet one with the resin band one coming today. I also have the 9400 but lean more towards the PRG270.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information