Nex G-Shock questions!

Thread: Nex G-Shock questions!

Nex G-Shock questions!

Hello G-Shockers. So I own a basic model G-shock right now and I am ready to buy my next G. However, my mind is all kinds of different places when it comes to picking! So here is a list of what I have found so far that I like. I am looking for a good sized G with some wrist presence and a solid feel.

So my first choice that I have been eying is:

GW-7900B

Name:  stealth.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  15.6 KB

I love the stealth look of this watch. I love the reverse display and the over all look of the watch. It has the moonphase which is a huge plus for me.

My next choice is:

G7900-1

Name:  rescue.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  21.4 KB

I know this is pretty much the same watch as the 7900B but I wanted to know peoples impressions of this one because the price tag is a little better then the first. Is there a cheep way to mod this out and make it stealth or should I just spend the money and get the 7900B.

My next choice is:

The King G!

Name:  king.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  15.3 KB

This watch fascinates me. However, I am worried about it maybe being to big. Also, I have heard a lot of negative reactions to its display size.

So I am leaning toward the first choice, and would expect that eventually I would own all three lol but for now I can only buy one (darn wife lol). So I am not asking you to tell me which to buy as I know its a personal preference! However, I am asking you your impressions of these three watches!

Thanks all!

Re: Nex G-Shock questions!

I always vote "No" to anything with a negative display....very difficult to read except under the most optimal lighting conditions.
    Last edited by GatorJ; March 14th, 2011 at 18:55.

i think the display size of the king only seems smaller because the watch is so much bigger. i have it and i love it! gotten lots of compliments on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Suspended

As far as negatives go the display on the GW-7900B is pretty good, but true happiness is somewhat subjective. I personally think it is the coolest looking one of the bunch.

I would choose the G7900-1 because it's cheaper and just a slight bit more functional than the GW plus, i'm not completely sold on Atomic/ Solar. I'll take the word of others when it comes to legibility of negative displays.
    It's just me but I'm not attracted to the King Gs and IIRC the 7900's functions leave it in the dust. Check out that GD-100 also. It's certainly big and much more interesting than the King IMO.

Hi,
    if you want stealth - go for the G-7900MS-1A:
    G-7900MS-1A - Watches - CASIO

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by GatorJ View Post
    I always vote "No" to anything with a negative display....very difficult to read except under the most optimal lighting conditions.
    I second that!

When it comes to negative displays, I now think that I always prefer them over their positive counter parts. They just look way cooler, and for me personally I dont find them hard to read, while at the same time I do agree that the positive is more legible at a greater range of angles.

Out of your three, I like the fist one, simply because the second one is the same but non stealthy, and the third one, well i'm just not sold on those quite yet, I dont know why as O love the 5600 / 5000's in general, just not feeling those massive ones at the minute.

I also like the one in the link provided by Sedi above

I have the King and the 7900 -- you cant go wrong with either. The 7900 will get you the goodies with the moon phase and tides, along with atomic sync. The King just looks cool. I mean really, you cant go wrong with either -- the 7900 is not a small watch, and of course the King is not either. Both are comfortable, solar watches.

I guess... Do you like a square or circle? You like screws on the face?

since it will be your 2nd G I would probably go with the GW-7900B based on its functionality and looks - and this is someone who owns the King! hahah
    I just think feature wise the King lacks something other than the basics which im sure your current watch already has.
    And yes it is a huge watch and damn chunky but thats fine with me - if your concerned then you may want to see what it looks like on your wrist before pulling the trigger..

Also in regards to the negative displays I'm in love with them and have no issues reading the time..
    And if your intention is to have your G as part of your outfit the negative display definately rocks more ;)

Thread Information