the next new RANGMAN GPR-B1000 ===>800$ ? - Page 10
Like Tree2315Likes

Thread: the next new RANGMAN GPR-B1000 ===>800$ ?

Page 10 of 166 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Re: the next new RANGMAN GPR-B1000 ===>800$ ?

Quote Originally Posted by copperjohn View Post
    Does it only come in negative display?
    Most smart watches are capable of displaying both positive and negative, as well as both digital and analog faces. As all these are just different graphics, which the newer display and processor technology are able to render. It's very different from the classic passive LCD we know of.

However, it's not sure yet for the GPR-B1000 as Casio has not disclosed more pictures of its display. Also keep in mind that the more graphics capability, the more power it uses! So it's not sure, whether Casio has opted to use a basic monochrome display on the GPR-B1000 for conserving power. Or whether if it's using the same type of display as in WSD-F10 or WSD-F20.
    copperjohn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch_Geekmaster View Post
    Most smart watches are capable of displaying both positive and negative, as well as both digital and analog faces. As all these are just different graphics, which the newer display and processor technology are able to render. It's very different from the classic passive LCD we know of.

However, it's not sure yet for the GPR-B1000 as Casio has not disclosed more pictures of its display. Also keep in mind that the more graphics capability, the more power it uses! So it's not sure, whether Casio has opted to use a basic monochrome display on the GPR-B1000 for conserving power. Or whether if it's using the same type of display as in WSD-F10 or WSD-F20.

With absolutely zero actual knowledge of what I speak I'm going to proceed anyway...

1. It would seem to me that a negative display, as shown on the prototype, would require more power than a positive one as the display must darken out a lot more pixels to cover the background.

2. I don't see how different display options would use more power versus only one option... It only uses one display at a time. What it would reduce is programming space as this would require more software to run those options.

When I first saw the pictures, I was speechless!! I feel like replacing all my Gs and just stick to this one!
    Last edited by Snoweagle; January 3rd, 2018 at 02:57. Reason: Edited some words
    Casio Riseman GW-9200J-1JF, Rangeman GW-9400J-1JF, Frogman GWF-1000G-1DR & Classic GW-M5610R-1DR. TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 WAN2110.BA0822. Seiko Criteria 100m Quartz Chronograph SNDC63P1.​Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660. Apple Watch Series 2 42mm SS with Milanese Loop.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think Casio should not design an outdoor watch with smart access crown on it , as we know , you can not to use that crown while the watch is wet or you will kill your watch , but in the field , it is very high possibility to get wet from the rain ........or even your sweat , so if a lot of functions in this watch has to be accessed through that crown ,and if you need to use some function but your watch is wet , for outdoor usage this condition could be a big issue ,it is possible that most of time this watch would become useless but just a timepiece , so I think I would not going to buy this watch

hmmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Frederick View Post
    With absolutely zero actual knowledge of what I speak I'm going to proceed anyway...

1. It would seem to me that a negative display, as shown on the prototype, would require more power than a positive one as the display must darken out a lot more pixels to cover the background.

2. I don't see how different display options would use more power versus only one option... It only uses one display at a time. What it would reduce is programming space as this would require more software to run those options.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHS View Post
    I think Casio should not design an outdoor watch with smart access crown on it , as we know , you can not to use that crown while the watch is wet or you will kill your watch , but in the field , it is very high possibility to get wet from the rain ........or even your sweat , so if a lot of functions in this watch has to be accessed through that crown ,and if you need to use some function but your watch is wet , for outdoor usage this condition could be a big issue ,it is possible that most of time this watch would become useless but just a timepiece , so I think I would not going to buy this watch
    It seems to me that the Mudmaster has more than proven the Smart Crown to be reliable in the field. And we don't even really know much about this model yet... I'm going to actually wait for more information from Casio before I decide anything. The crown may not even unscrew... It might only rotate and push.
    Time4Playnow and sky_sun like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Camguy View Post

BTW, the triple sensor is barometer/thermometer (can't have the former without the latter), compass, and altimeter (which is basically a function of the barometer).

The altimeter does not work as a depth gauge. I was snorkeling with my Ranger once, and about ten feet down the altimeter told me I was 1,800 feet underwater!
    the triple sensor is barometer, thermometer and compass. barometer and thermometer is independent to each other, while altimeter is the one that's the side function of barometer.
    Watch_Geekmaster likes this.

THE VEDIO FROM CASIO I GUESS

I was not talking about the number of display options, I was talking about the graphics capability. In another word, the quality of the display. The more colors and more resolutions of the display will require more power to run, both for the display itself and the processor for graphics rendering.

Usually a black pixel means a pixel that's been turned off. Hence, it's not using any power. Casio is a very efficiency minded watch designer, you can see that from their solar atomic watch designs. This GPR-B1000 most likely will not be an exception, so it's likely using the most energy efficient design for the display. If black pixels actually use more power, Casio likely will not be using it. But like I said, we don't know yet, and yet to be confirmed when it's released.

Trust me, this forum here has plenty of knowledgeable people!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHS View Post
    It's most likely a turn nob (possible also can be pressed) for menu selection purpose. But still it could be not as ideal for water resistance (like you mentioned above) and not convenient for use with gloves.

There's another long thread which we discussed about this watch, including the aspects of the turn knob and wireless charging. If anyone interested to read: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/upd...563609-16.html

To add: I think the most important aspect for the GPR-B1000 we need to see is the required recharging frequency. It's a decisive factor for many of the traditional G-Shock fans here. If it requires to be recharged too frequently, especially when using GPS and Bluetooth apps, then it will likely turn away a lot of people here. All other factors are minor compare to this.
    Last edited by Watch_Geekmaster; January 5th, 2018 at 21:43.

Page 10 of 166 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread Information