Next watch: Riseman or gx56?
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Next watch: Riseman or gx56?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Next watch: Riseman or gx56?

I have a 5600e which I love. Had a 6900 but got rid of it because I didn't like the display. Also have a mudman, love it. I think a riseman would be cool to have with all of it's features (it would be nice to be able to predict the weather) and I like the look and feel of the watch. But I would also like to have a big honkin watch drawing everyones attention to my wrist, so the gx56 would be nice to have because it's just a big tough watch. Which would you pick?

Re: Next watch: Riseman or gx56?

Riseman! They are ridiculously cheap now (sub 150 for gw models even cheaper for the non atomic!). They are very handsome and the watch itself will keep you busy when you are bored even when you are not wearing it. Don't you want to know the temp of the fridge?

The gx56, though, is a very striking piece as well, I don't own one, but I'd think it has the standard set of g shock functions.

If it were me telling me I'd tell myself to get them both... No disappointments! Guaranteed!
    stratg5, Reloko and De smid like this.

When any watch goes up against the GX56.. GX56 wins everytime! The King cant be beat.
    stratg5 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by starscream View Post
    The King cant be beat.

Even by the Queen ? :P

The Riseman is always my favourite G
    stratg5 and Reloko like this.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

If it were me....i'd go GX-56 then Riseman!
    stratg5 likes this.

I think that the best way to combine the two qualities you are looking for (the Riseman's functionality and King's in-your-face presence) is to get a Rangeman (GW-9400).
    Just my 2 cents.
    peacemaker885 and stratg5 like this.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by alexs12 View Post
    I think that the best way to combine the two qualities you are looking for (the Riseman's functionality and King's in-your-face presence) is to get a Rangeman (GW-9400).
    Just my 2 cents.
    +1

The Riseman is not bad but it has some serious (to me anyway) shortcomings which caused me to sell it after a few weeks. The "King" is honestly one of those G's I simply don't get. The watch is huge, the digits are small, the module is mediocre at best - what's the catch?

cheers
    stratg5 likes this.
    We are 12.6 %

Grab the King whilst you can still get one, before the prices increase now its been discontinued....and its nicer than the Riseman as well.
    Crater and stratg5 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    The "King" is honestly one of those G's I simply don't get. The watch is huge, the digits are small, the module is mediocre at best - what's the catch?
    The catch? It's surprisingly affordable (to put it directly, cheap)! With tough solar, it's already superior to most other G's in the similar price range that do not have solar. IMO regular Frogman (no waveceptor, no titanium screwback) is similarly mediocre in my opinion, but that Frogman demands you around 3 times the price of one King.

I do not find my King's digits small. I know some people have complained on the negative display on my orange King but I find no problems reading that - just require a bit getting used to.

I always go with large Gs so the King has been a godsend given its price tag. At around 150USD first-hand (when I purchased), what else could you possibly expect? Of course, if you are bothered by its size, feel free to look elsewhere.
    stratg5 likes this.

I also say get the King while you still can... the prices already got up, some models are impossible to find. Even the basic 1B is pretty much gone, hard to find for good price.

You can always get watch with alti, baro or thermometer, but there is only 1 King
    starscream and stratg5 like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information