Nice delema now: Riseman or Pro Trek

Thread: Nice delema now: Riseman or Pro Trek

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nice delema now: Riseman or Pro Trek

Hi All,

Yesterday some of you have replied on my post for my 1st G Shock and suggested DW 5600, GW2009. So went to the store today and look at the selection they have... unfortunely, DW5600 resin band shoulder is still to wide for my wrist, but I don't know if the resin would soften after some use.
    GW2000.. is cool, but my eye caught something else... its the riseman... looks tough, but the resin band is incridably comfortable for my small wrist. Now, does it worth double the price of the mudman or gulf man and about 4 times of the DW5600?

While considering that one.. my eye caught the pro trek line, the cheapest one, I don't know what model number but the price is similar to riseman...also very comfotable on my small wrist.... Now...which one to get.... The compass on the pro trek might usefull when doing photo hunt to predict the light direction.....in the wild life...

But the riseman is damn cool looking G's.... so how the protrek and G shock actually compare in terms of durability, and usability? and does the riseman worth the price?

Thanks.
    Sherwin

Re: Nice delema now: Riseman or Pro Trek

Quote Originally Posted by shw24 View Post
    Hi All,

Yesterday some of you have replied on my post for my 1st G Shock and suggested DW 5600, GW2009. So went to the store today and look at the selection they have... unfortunely, DW5600 resin band shoulder is still to wide for my wrist, but I don't know if the resin would soften after some use.
    GW2000.. is cool, but my eye caught something else... its the riseman... looks tough, but the resin band is incridably comfortable for my small wrist. Now, does it worth double the price of the mudman or gulf man and about 4 times of the DW5600?

While considering that one.. my eye caught the pro trek line, the cheapest one, I don't know what model number but the price is similar to riseman...also very comfotable on my small wrist.... Now...which one to get.... The compass on the pro trek might usefull when doing photo hunt to predict the light direction.....in the wild life...

But the riseman is damn cool looking G's.... so how the protrek and G shock actually compare in terms of durability, and usability? and does the riseman worth the price?

Thanks.
    Sherwin
    Pro Trek..make sure it is a tough solar.

Hi All,

Thanks.
    Sherwin

+1 on the riseman. it makes my small wrist, not so small

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

...so how the protrek and G shock actually compare in terms of durability, and usability?
    what protrek are you referring to?

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    what protrek are you referring to?

regards, holger
    Hi holger, if I'm not mistaken, it is prg 110

I definitely wanted compass so I was sure to go for ProTrek. Now I have had my PRW-1500 for a more than a year and I am more than happy.

I never take it off, wear it even in the shower, and have swum with it in Indian Ocean, Adriatic Sea and Atlantic Ocean. A friend of mine has the same and when we compare the barometric pressure it may differ by 2--3 hPa. The temperature is sometimes well off but then again this is even supposed to be something in between the body temperature and the outside temperature.

The altimeter is, as I have experienced during a few trips with some real hills involved, quite reliable as compared to my gps (and possibly maps). I think it is quite accurate as soon as 1) you calibrate it in the beginning of the trip 2) the weather remains stable more or less. Also the compass shows quite accurate against my gps (I never needed to calibrate it or anything).

I don't know whether the moon phase graph is absolutely accurate, but it's good and does work for orientation (I remember I impressed my friends in March calculating the date of the Easter Sunday, without a calendar, only looking at my watch and knowing the moon age; also I feel I can tell pretty well when the full moon is).

Signal reception is pretty reliable, synces every night on my wrist, but this will be different in different areas (I have quite a good signal reception where I live, but also when I travelled around Europe it was quite good).

I would say it is as reliable as G-shock, although maybe not exactly as durable, but anyway durable enough. Generally I would be inclined to a G-shock, but the compass for me is now a must (now that I've got used to it)

The only thing I regret here is that the thermometer data are not used for the thermo-compensation of the movement :( so between synchronisations it can lose about half of a second per day.

It has quite a lot of indications on the display although I could wish for a little bit more. I could take having the year in the basic timekeeping mode (as Riseman has).

It's quite big, which I like, alghough it could be a bit thicker (my previous watch was dw-9300).

In the end the choice is yours, so I just wish you you make a good choice and are happy with it
    Last edited by madman01; August 23rd, 2009 at 04:43.

Picture Re: Nice delema now: Riseman or Pro Trek

Go for the 110

More features, bigger display, or wait for the new Protrek PRW-2000

Even more features and a welcome back to the duplex display in a smaller form factor

Protrek durability is more than enough for the real world, they are all highly rugged watches, only lacking the G-Shock soft outer resin case

Q-6
    Last edited by Queen6; August 22nd, 2009 at 21:34.

Hi All,

Thanks.
    Sherwin
    if the dw-5600 is too wide for you, then you better be off with a donald duck analog kids-watch. kidding.
    my wrist is also small, but the 5600 matches me better than a riseman or dw-6900, though they still look ok. but i dont understand why you think about a pro trek or riseman when the 5600 is too wide. or did i miss something about the term "wide"?
    good luck to find the right watch for your wrist.
    regards,
    gerry fonklover

for small wrist the Riseman will fit better. I dont know what your requirements are when it comes to features though.
    Couple of watches here and there

Quote Originally Posted by kleptoix View Post
    for small wrist the Riseman will fit better. I dont know what your requirements are when it comes to features though.
    Small wrist or not :) Mine is about 16.5 cm and I love my PRW-1500 :) Loved my DW-9300 too :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information