Nice pics for my fellow Road and Mountain bikers

Thread: Nice pics for my fellow Road and Mountain bikers

Off topic Nice pics for my fellow Road and Mountain bikers

I went by a specialized bike shop two days ago and was suprised of the bikes I have seen. The shop is from a brother in law from a good friend and fellow band member. Today I went back to make some pictures of some finger licking pictures of great bikes. I believe all models shown are hand build and are delivered customized for client.

Hand made custom painted steel frames. Although steel isn't popular at the moment, these bikes are very strong and light. Fully installed it's only a few grams heavier than a carbon bike. You should more worry of taking those two extra sandwiches in your back pockets than the weight difference! These bikes are much more comfortable than carbon or aluminium frames.

These are three high tech carbon bikes. The carbon is very hard and stiff, but also very thin due to the use of Easton Ultralite Carbon. Very exclusice and expensive. The carbon is so thin, that if you squeeze the back bridge between your thumb and indexfinger, you feel the carbon bend.

The most exclusive high end bike (over €6600,-, including wheels and groups).

a very nice fully.

A very nice hand build steel frame Stevens.

The nicest bike in the shop (well, for me it is). A full carbon hard tail. If you want one, the frame will be made specially sized for you in the color you want (this one has partial red carbon on the back of the frame). It bears the name of my friends brother in law (Van Der Eijk).

Nice carbon derailleur and shifters by Campagnolo. He's going to be a SRAM dealer too.

Nice team wear. The BIB short is with a high end seat pad, so I was a bit shocked when I hear the price...

I hope you liked the pics,

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Nice pics for my fellow Road and Mountain bikers

Sjors,

Thanks for those pictures. Those bikes look absolulety creamy. I really need to get back into the sport. My last bike was a GT AllTerra (can't remember the model), but sold it a few years ago. Don't have much time to ride anymore.
    ...It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live!

Wink Re: Nice pics for my fellow Road and Mountain bikers

Quote Originally Posted by ColdHit
    Don't have much time to ride anymore.

Hi ColdHit

The worst thing that can happen to me. Since I was a young boy I rode my bikes all over the Islands and also made long (100km+) trips to distant family.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Sjors!

Very nice BMC & Stevens bikes.

I am very happy with my current ride,so there's no plan to change bike at the moment. Even if I wanted to,I do not have the means!O| O| :-D :-D

ColdHit,I do hope you get back on your bike though. I'm riding a GT as well.

Cheers,
    MountainMike

Inactive

Sjors,
    HOly crap!! Those are some great bikes, the likes I have not seen at even high end bike shops in the larger cities here in KY (as if that really says anything:-D ). I have a Mongoose Pro Rockadile - pretty cheap bike, but it gets the job done. Actually, this is one of the better models of this brand - has Mozo fork, disc brakes, pretty nice, and best of all, was within my budget - I got in while in law school, so I had to find the best deal! BTW, the Stevens and the full carbon hard tail (van der elkk) are awesome Maybe when I have a little more disposable cash I can splurge on a REAL mountain bike:-D Until then, I'll thrash about on my "beater":-D :-D

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Great photos Sjors

I'm trying to ride as much as possible and with the car break down a few days ago, it was a good excuse, mind you, the 100km is not in my range yetB-)

Will have to work on it

Your bikes look like a cross between a road racer and mountain.

My bike I think is a bit heavy and I wish I would have got more of a cross with thinner wheels.

I may lay low on G-Shock's for a while and pour the cash into an upgraded bike

Any hints on brands without blowing the budget?

Photo is just to remind all looking of the REAL G-Shock's:-D

Hi Ozzie!

If you need any help regarding new purchase,I think I could be of assistance. Kindly tell me your budget for the new ride.

IMHO,you should go for brands like Giant & Merida instead of US brands like Trek,Cannondale since these brands lack the value for money.I believe Merida bikes are quite popular in Australia,as I used to read Australian Mountain Bike mags.Taiwanese made bikes are of very good quality.Please Do Not compare them to the likes of Stevens,BMC,Ellsworth,Titus,Rocky Mountain (hand-built frames).:-D :-D

Hi Bsears,

Mongoose bikes are not bad,esp. the latest Teocali FS bike.Quite good value for money. Hope to see more G fans take up mountain biking.

Cheers,
    MountainMike
    Last edited by MountainMike; July 13th, 2006 at 08:14.

Hi guys,

Today is a sad day for me, as I think I have to put one of my bikes on ebay :(

We don't have the room for it, I'm buying too many g-shocks etc. hehe and I dont user her much anymore as im not down by the sea as much. Will be sorry to see her go though, saracen may be budget but they make good affordable freeride bikes that are tough as you know what ;) she has a full lx groupset and i'll ask £200 i think
    55 watches. 30 Casios. Appalling bank balance!

Thread Information