no sound on MR-G 220T

Thread: no sound on MR-G 220T

no sound on MR-G 220T

Hey everyone

I picked this MR-G up from the auction site. Right after receiving it, the battery went dead. After a holiday, I am trying to revive it. When I opened it up, the back gasket was in bad shape - all twisted. And, I think the bar that sticks up for the sound was all twisted. See pic:

I have carefully moved it to be in line with the opening and bent it up, but still no sound. Any thoughts? The seller said if it didn't work, I could return it, as they had at some point revised their listing after initially saying it worked great.

Thanks
    Neil

Re: no sound on MR-G 220T

Is the piezo speaker still on the caseback?

Mitch

Hey Mitch.

The only thing that I did before I closed it up was put the rubber cushion gasket (?) back on it. I think/thought that the sound would come from where that bent metal part came in contact with the metal caseback....otherwise, why would it stick out? But it's been a long time since opening on of these MR-G's for me.

Where would the speaker be?

thanks
    Neil

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The speaker is glued to the inside of the caseback.
    Here's a pic to illustrate:

AFAIK there need to be two contacts - one for the incoming current and one for grounding the speaker but I'm certainly no electronics expert - on the module of the G-7800 above you can see one metal piece bent upwards and the alarm spring. And you can see the rubber piece in the back of the pic with two holes in it.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Hey Sedi,

Your post got me thinking - about the 2 contacts. I removed the caseback (again) and that damned cushioning gasket was twisted again. I took it out, screwed the back down again and now there's sound.

Any thoughts on that gasket? Just more cushioning? Any chance of the module moving around? I've never had a gasket get so twisted like that...

Thanks again for your thoughts and info. I had no idea about the speaker being on the caseback!

Neil

Glad you managed to get it working.

Don't worry about the rubber back it is just a bit of extra cushioning. The watch will work just fine without it.

Mitch

Congrats on the successful operation! Patient is alive and well . The rubber piece probably needs some lube in order to stay in place while screwing down the caseback.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Thread Information