Noob Intro - Confessions of a G-Shockaholic
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Noob Intro - Confessions of a G-Shockaholic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Laughing Noob Intro - Confessions of a G-Shockaholic

Hi guys

I've been lurking for awhile now and as I just set up my DIY home light box, I thought: what better time to introduce myself and the herd with the test shots I took of my watches. So here's my story...

I've been a WIS since 2005, I started out with collecting Swiss watches, then I shifted heavily to Seiko watches, and now G-Shocks. The first G-Shock I picked up was a G-2500-3V in 2006, but that was because I needed a beater for a hiking trip and didn't think much about them. 2 years later, I felt a slight urge to get a G-Shock. I sold my G-2500-3V to fund my next purchase, a G-9000 Mudman. Eventually the itch never stopped and the buying went on, and the rest as they say is history.

Now on to the herd, in chronological order:

The G-2500-3V - I got this because I had a hiking trip, but that was just an excuse because i really loved the military green strap / body and the orange display, which gave it a very tough military look. I eventually sold this off (still regretting it) in '08 to fund my next G-shock.

The G-9000MX-8. I love the orange accents and the detail on the dial. This is a true beater - I wear it to the gym, to hike, when I bike, swim, etc.

A pair of G-7900s. These hold a very special place in my heart - I went out to get them with my wife on the day we got married (note the intertwined straps). Red for HER, and white for me. This was a very first intro to G-Shocks. Now she conveniently wears my other G-Shocks to match her clothes. I care about her a lot, so I share.

Shortly after, I went out to get the now extinct King of all G-Shocks. The size and colour are just awesome!

I got this WAYYYY before the Minions craze. I was just browsing at a watch store when the bright matte yellow case caught my attention. I thought wow, that's a nice colour and a week later I bought it. unfortunately for the watch, I enjoy looking at it more than wearing it. So she's a pseudo drawer queen.

Again, the same story. I was minding my own business and just happened to pass a watch shop. Saw this on display and later found out from the shop owner that this is the first analog only G-Shock. I liked the looks and the idea of a non digital G-shock. So i got it.

Next up, the Navy blue G8900. Same story - I saw it in a display and thought it looked really cool. I am a sucker for green print against a dark background. Few weeks later I went out to buy it. This one's a drawer queen. I don't think I've worn her more than 5 times.

The GA-100. I loved the blue accents on the dial. The dial set up and the holes in the hands reminded me of a race car dashboard. One of my favourites.

I like the orange print against the dark brown case. The red parts in the dial go really well as a colour combo. I've always wanted a non resin band G-Shock.

My colleagues got me this as a farewell gift when I left the company. Really sweet of them, and very lucky for me that they picked this model and colour which I happen to like. It was really blind luck because they had no idea what else I had in my collection.

This is one of my favourites. I like the chunky, boxy design. Very transformer like. I like the 2 tone display too - it's got a retro feel to it. I think I went out to get this within the week of its launch, hence mine still says 'Vibrator'

The G-9300GY Mudman. I've been hunting this baby down since 2011. I saw it once in a store and was immediately taken in by the green prints against the matte dark grey case. I hesitated, and within days it was sold. When I saw it again 2 months ago at a store, I immediately snapped it up. Ironically, I find this watch too pretty to be worn like a real G-Shock. I've only worn it out once on a grocery run or something, she spends most of her time looking pretty on my display case.

The latest member to join the herd - the Dessert Beige GA-100. I thought the beige was a really cool colour scheme to an already super cool dial set up. This one's another drawer queen. I have absolutely NOT worn this out, EVER! I think she's just too pretty... note the still attached hang tag!

And here's a quick recap of my watches on display - I call this the G-Block

Hope you enjoyed the quick show and tell!

lvt

Re: Noob Intro - Confessions of a G-Shockaholic

That's an awesome collection of G
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Welcome to the forum, seems like you are well taken care of and won't need much help

Enjoy wearing them

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Let me guess...

you from Singapore?

Noob Intro - Confessions of a G-Shockaholic

Super duper intro. Congrats, really great collection and warm welcome to this forum.

Thanks guys for the comments and warm welcome!

Noobie: I reside in Melbourne. I'm currently on holiday in Malaysia hence the SIN timezone :)
    GabrielLima likes this.

Very nice set of Gs - I think that dealer buttered you up a bit - that wasn't the first all analogy G...

...but it is one of the nicest, so guess you didn't need too much persuading

Quote Originally Posted by Buckykatt View Post
    Thanks guys for the comments and warm welcome!

Noobie: I reside in Melbourne. I'm currently on holiday in Malaysia hence the SIN timezone :)

Hello from Malaysia. Hope you like our G-Shocks over here. How's the price here in comparison to Australia?

Cheerios!

kelfg2000

LUW

Welcome aboard Bucky!
    The 2500 is a very nice model, I've always wanted to get one. Being your first, you should try to get another.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

pritch:Haha you're absolutely correct! I'm curious now... which was the first analog only model G-Shock? A check on Casio's website only lists the AW-500 released in 1989 as the first anolog model but it's got digital display...

kelfg2000: hello back! From what I've seen.. prices are high and choices are very limited in Australia.. you're definitely spoilt for choice in Msia :)

Luv: I agree, and I'm very tempted to post a WTB for the G2500-3V!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information